• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Project SRDelta

I dropped my baby off with Brian Ott today. He's got an understandably high workload right now, so I'm looking at a possible 2-3 month wait. I told him it's no problem as long as I have it back by November so I have my Winter carry. :lol:

So, after taking the pistol and all the parts to Ott, I elected to then order a Bar-Sto ramped match barrel, as the standard unramped Colt barrel isn't recommended for shooting extra-power loads (Companies like Underwood Ammo specifically advise against this.) Brian is ready to start work on my pistol, but the barrel isn't in yet.

So, we wait. Some more.

My one moment of big spending on guns was a full blown rebuild and customization of a Delta Elite. The best thing I did was have a second barrel fitted in 40S&W and bought some 40 mags. I have shot that gun in IPSC since 2009. It is fantastic. I put the 10mm barrel in now and then, but the 40 is my mainstay barrel.

I use the non ramped factory type barrels. Never had any issues.

Have fun with it.

So, after taking the pistol and all the parts to Ott, I elected to then order a Bar-Sto ramped match barrel, as the standard unramped Colt barrel isn't recommended for shooting extra-power loads (Companies like Underwood Ammo specifically advise against this.) Brian is ready to start work on my pistol, but the barrel isn't in yet.

So, we wait. Some more.

Well, I HOPE Bar-Sto is FASTER with your 10mm 1911 Barrel than they were with my Glock .40-to-9mm Conversion Barrel--Ordered thru a Dealer a coupla' years ago, it took TEN MONTHS to come in! In your position, I mighta' just ordered a Kart or KKM & been done with it--I HOPE your WAIT is NOT as "Time Consuming" as mine was....mikey357

Well, I HOPE Bar-Sto is FASTER with your 10mm 1911 Barrel than they were with my Glock .40-to-9mm Conversion Barrel--Ordered thru a Dealer a coupla' years ago, it took TEN MONTHS to come in! In your position, I mighta' just ordered a Kart or KKM & been done with it--I HOPE your WAIT is NOT as "Time Consuming" as mine was....mikey357

Oddly enough, KKM doesn't make a 10mm 1911 barrel. :noidea:

Back
Top Bottom