• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Project SRDelta

Here's the "before" shot. Bone stock. It'll probably be halfway through summertime before I see it again, but it will be a very different gun. :D
delta-before.jpg

All dem parts look good except for the memory groove beavertail.
Please tell me you're keeping the arched MSH?

***Edit*** nevermind....just saw the flat in the pic too. :grey:

Last edited:
No problems with a beaver just dont like the memory groove and I'm a purist with the arched, plus it just feels better in my large hand

Yeah, I remember meeting you. You're a pretty big dude if I remember correctly. In my experience, flat MSH's fit my hand better though. One of my favorite 1911s was my old RIA Match. This is pretty much where I'm drawing my inspiration from:
003ugit.jpg
View attachment 176687

Last edited:
I hear ya brother and think thats the case with most folks!
You going after the SR1911 look then??? I'm loving mine but the first thing I did to it was put a Colt Polymer Arched MSH on her! :thumb:

Yep, even getting it beveled, bead blasted matte, and cut for Novak night sights. All black controls except the silver trigger, just like the SR1911. Rosewood grip panels with inlaid Delta emblem as shown in the top picture. Trigger is getting tuned to 3lb.

I can't wait to see the final product.

Can't wait to see the finished product J. Since I got my Springer done up I have been thinking of doing what you are with a stainless model. One difference I am going to try for a "Black Chrome" look on all the controls,now I just need to find the Stainless 1911 to make it happen.

Back
Top Bottom