• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Price limits......you fur it or agin it?

Does ODT need some form of price limits

• Mods should delete the gouger ads

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Members should be able to post comments to say it's overpriced

Votes: 55 26.7%
  • Undecided - don't like over priced ads but it's their stuff

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • It's a free market - I just laugh and move on

Votes: 138 67.0%
  • Hope they get it so I can sell some and cash in too.

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • Just waiting for Taco Tuesday

Votes: 24 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have you never seen someone talking about buying a car or anything, and they mention the price, and it's so out of whack with what you see other stores or dealers charging, that you don't point it out to them and try to save them a few bucks?

If you knew for a fact that the dealer down the street had the exact same trucks on the lot for $8k cheaper, you wouldn't point it out and try to help them save some money?

Of course if they still WANT to pay the other dealer 8 grand more for the same truck, then have at it... But to say that you will be punished for tipping them off... that seems stupid to me.
I mind my own business. If someone pays an extra 8K then who the hell cares? If they have the money and they're happy, great. If they feel ripped off later, don't care...they're adults and some valuable lessons don't come cheap. Maybe they have a good reason for buying from that dealer. Maybe it's a nephew trying to get started selling cars, maybe they're so wealthy they don't give a damn about a few grand. I don't care, it's not my business or place to tell them how to make those decisions.

And as for the owner of the site having the right to make their rules, however stupid they may be... I agree!

But when others defend it and try citing some bull**** about free market... it's just that... bull****. It isn;t the free market doing it, it is THEM doing it... HERE, because the rules help ensure that they can...

I don't debate whether the owner can have the rules. Of course they can. But the people defending it, are doing it because the rules benefit THEM. They don't care a rat's ass about ODT outside of the ability to line their own pockets..

And as for the owner of the site having the right to make their rules, however stupid they may be... I agree!

But when others defend it and try citing some bull**** about free market... it's just that... bull****. It isn;t the free market doing it, it is THEM doing it... HERE, because the rules help ensure that they can...

I don't debate whether the owner can have the rules. Of course they can. But the people defending it, are doing it because the rules benefit THEM. They don't care a rat's ass about ODT outside of the ability to line their own pockets..
What do you have against people doing things that benefit them, especially when it's the result of good decisions that they've made?

****, Ive been doing life all wrong. Everything I do is to better myself and my family. Guess I should start doing stuff to help random old fuds. I might as well sell everything at a loss and give all my worldly possessions to strangers. Maybe we could start a commune where we share ammo, that would be swell.

So, if someone lists a $900 used, stock Glock, and I posted in that thread "Hey, this is $478 at the LGS store"...

What "freedom" is it, specifically, that I am taking away?

Honest question.
The freedom to sell his item for a price that doesn’t conform to your OPINION.

We have a section for posting good current deals, that will come up in searches. Funny that I don’t see you posting there

What do you have against people doing things that benefit them, especially when it's the result of good decisions that they've made?

When there is a storm in the gulf, and some gas stations decide to jack gas up to $9 and try to gouge customers... You pay it? You encourage others to, when the other gas stations are $3.29 a gallon? You don't think they are scumbags for doing it?

I know, you just mind your own business and let everyone do what they want, right?

Then why are you arguing with me? Isn't this "my business"? Shouldn't I be free to "make a fool of myself" or whatever it is you think I am doing?

The freedom to sell his item for a price that doesn’t conform to your OPINION.

We have a section for posting good current deals, that will come up in searches. Funny that I don’t see you posting there

It's not opinion. The prices you see at the dealers I mentioned, are real.

Why can't you just acknowledge that a lot of members here are in fact operating as unlicensed dealers and are simply taking advantage of this situation to jack prices up?

I am not really arguing that you shouldn't be able to... I am simply saying to sack up and admit it. Be honest about it and stop pretending that you(they) aren't. We all know some of the members I am referring to...

When there is a storm in the gulf, and some gas stations decide to jack gas up to $9 and try to gouge customers... You pay it? You encourage others to, when the other gas stations are $3.29 a gallon? You don't think they are scumbags for doing it?

I know, you just mind your own business and let everyone do what they want, right?

Then why are you arguing with me? Isn't this "my business"? Shouldn't I be free to "make a fool of myself" or whatever it is you think I am doing?
Would you try to tell them not to buy the $9/gal gas and ride out the storm? Ha!

What's your cutoff for, let's say, a G17? $100 more than you think someone should spend? $300?

One of the guys that was buying the guns here and flipping then on AL, got permanently banned like a week after buying a revolver from me, asking for a discount, which I gave him, and then flipping it to AL at 50% more than he paid me, in less than 3 hours. It happens all the time. And don't think that the alphabet groups aren't aware of it...

Selling at these crazy prices here, ENCOURAGES that kind of behavior... with that much profit, and the forum protecting their ability to do so... It encourages more people to essentially operate as an unlicensed dealer... Selling guns for profit, without a license.

The more that happens here, the more this place is at risk... This isn't rocket science...

Back
Top Bottom