• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Price limits......you fur it or agin it?

Does ODT need some form of price limits

• Mods should delete the gouger ads

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Members should be able to post comments to say it's overpriced

Votes: 55 26.7%
  • Undecided - don't like over priced ads but it's their stuff

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • It's a free market - I just laugh and move on

Votes: 138 67.0%
  • Hope they get it so I can sell some and cash in too.

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • Just waiting for Taco Tuesday

Votes: 24 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who has said that someone shouldn't be allowed to pay $900 for a $500 gun?

That is not, nor has it ever been my point. Sigh...
Your “point” has been that YOU want to impose your will on others on this site, without out fear of consequence. We all can see this, and if you think differently I’m afraid you are fooling you’re self.
There are simply too many other ways for you to “inform the ignorant masses” for your continued posts to mean anything else.

Your “point” has been that YOU want to impose your will on others on this site, without out fear of consequence. We all can see this, and if you think differently I’m afraid you are fooling you’re self.
There are simply too many other ways for you to “inform the ignorant masses” for your continued posts to mean anything else.

This 10000%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I was talking to someone in line at Publix and they said they were going to the $9 per gallon place to fill up, I would absolutely tell them "F that gouger", the two places down the street are at regular $3.29 prices..."

Of course he is free to still go pay $9, nobody is taking away his right to overpay... But why *wouldn't* I point out the cheaper gas stations?
But you can’t do so at the $9 property.

Dude, I waste money on things all the time. I have spent more on motorcycles in the past 15 years than most people reading this have spent on their homes... I lose money on every gun I sell here. Every. One.

Dealing with the LGS isn't any more hassle than driving 3x as far for a meet. I do both, but lately most of my purchases have been retail because the prices on the used market are idiotic. There is no benefit to me to pay a lot more for a used gun, when I can walk into the LGS, pay a LOT less and walk out in 15 minutes with my new gun...

it's not about the $200. It's the principle. I did the math, and I pay $221 per DAY, just in taxes... That doesn't mean I want to just throw it away for no benefit though...
People decide on their own principles and what's important to them. For me, I'd rather spend an extra $200 and not give it to the asshole at the LGS. That's just the thing too. You have no idea the variables that might be important to a buyer. It's certainly not always about price, but that's the only one you can know.

Still waiting on links for sub $500 new glocks that are available to be bought at LGS.
I’m not holding my breath, as the examples given themselves went from $475 to $480 in the span of a few minutes...

Would you like a copy of my receipt? I can provide that. There is the gun, and the ammo price. Dated today. Looks like you could have held your breath. It wasn't the only one they had, either. And on Saturday I was at a dealer in Cumming who had new Glocks for $499. Do you want me to drive other there to take pics?

You KNOW that there are several dealers with these prices, so why pretend otherwise?

20200902_180405.jpg

So are we going to quibble over $475 or $480, when the actual number was $478? LOL

The point is, you absolutely CAN buy new Glocks for under $500 at several local dealers. I was there, I looked at them... Came damned close to picking up a Sig P229 for $478 today, except now is not the time to try and get into .40 cal when you don't have any... I guess that one was a Sig certified Pre-Owned? That's what the redbox guns are? I handled it, it looked brand new never fired. If it had been 9mm, would have jumped on it faster than Richard Simmons on a Cub Scout...

Look at DG&P's prices... New CZ P07 for $448? I can go on and on, but you get the point. All the new guns come from the same small handful of distributors... These dealers are not selling them for less than they bought them for. They are able to sell at these prices and still make a profit, enough to pay their people, pay Uncle Sam, pay their rent and utilities and still make a profit.

The market and its prices, are vastly different than ODT prices.

Why do you think that is? If dealers with overhead are selling at near pre covid prices... just less volume perhaps... Why would a site for "hobbies" and "enthusiasts" be on average 25-50% higher for the exact same items? I mean, a Glock is a Glock. A Ruger is a Ruger. We aren't talking about some obscure or rare items...

Would you like a copy of my receipt? I can provide that. There is the gun, and the ammo price. Dated today. Looks like you could have held your breath. It wasn't the only one they had, either. And on Saturday I was at a dealer in Cumming who had new Glocks for $499. Do you want me to drive other there to take pics?

You KNOW that there are several dealers with these prices, so why pretend otherwise?

View attachment 2801830
That’s new price?

Back
Top Bottom