• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Price limits......you fur it or agin it?

Does ODT need some form of price limits

• Mods should delete the gouger ads

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Members should be able to post comments to say it's overpriced

Votes: 55 26.7%
  • Undecided - don't like over priced ads but it's their stuff

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • It's a free market - I just laugh and move on

Votes: 138 67.0%
  • Hope they get it so I can sell some and cash in too.

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • Just waiting for Taco Tuesday

Votes: 24 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would you try to tell them not to buy the $9/gal gas and ride out the storm? Ha!

If I was talking to someone in line at Publix and they said they were going to the $9 per gallon place to fill up, I would absolutely tell them "F that gouger", the two places down the street are at regular $3.29 prices..."

Of course he is free to still go pay $9, nobody is taking away his right to overpay... But why *wouldn't* I point out the cheaper gas stations?

If I was talking to someone in line at Publix and they said they were going to the $9 per gallon place to fill up, I would absolutely tell them "F that gouger", the two places down the street are at regular $3.29 prices..."

Of course he is free to still go pay $9, nobody is taking away his right to overpay... But why *wouldn't* I point out the cheaper gas stations?
It sounds like you'd make a great karen.

The only logical reason to object to my telling him about the cheaper gas stations, is to protect some sort of financial interest in the $9 gas station.

If you truly mind your own business, why would you care if I saved some poor sap some money? Wouldn't my helping that buyer of gas, or guns, or a car... wouldn't THAT also be none of your business?

The only time you should care, is if it IS your business. Meaning, my pointing him to a cheaper source, takes that sale away from YOU.

Hence why I believe that 9 out of 10 of the people arguing with me, are the price gougers, either under their primary accounts, or second accounts that they have set up for this purpose.

The only logical reason to object to my telling him about the cheaper gas stations, is to protect some sort of financial interest in the $9 gas station.

If you truly mind your own business, why would you care if I saved some poor sap some money? Wouldn't my helping that buyer of gas, or guns, or a car... wouldn't THAT also be none of your business?

The only time you should care, is if it IS your business. Meaning, my pointing him to a cheaper source, takes that sale away from YOU.

Hence why I believe that 9 out of 10 of the people arguing with me, are the price gougers, either under their primary accounts, or second accounts that they have set up for this purpose.
I've paid well over market price for a variety of goods because I just didn't care about the extra cost. I'm not homeless and I'll take the convenience over the savings.

Speaking of convenience, I'll bet convenience stores really get under your skin. Everything in there is 25+% more than it is a couple blocks away at Walmart.

I've paid well over market price for a variety of goods because I just didn't care about the extra cost. I'm not homeless and I'll take the convenience over the savings.

Speaking of convenience, I'll bet convenience stores really get under your skin. Everything in there is 25+% more than it is a couple blocks away at Walmart.

Hey, I am all about convenience... I do half my shopping at Amazon... Holsters and red dots and all that crap, I can get as cheap as any LGS, right to my door without my happy ass having to leave the couch.

I don't worry about the best price myself. I make good money as does the wife... But I am not going to drive halfway across town to pay $200 more for a used Glock, than I can get new from the LGS about 15 minutes from my house. That's just stupid.

Hey, I am all about convenience... I do half my shopping at Amazon... Holsters and red dots and all that crap, I can get as cheap as any LGS, right to my door without my happy ass having to leave the couch.

I don't worry about the best price myself. I make good money as does the wife... But I am not going to drive halfway across town to pay $200 more for a used Glock, than I can get new from the LGS about 15 minutes from my house. That's just stupid.
It's not stupid if you'd rather not deal with the LGS and $200 isn't squat to you. There's one particular gun shop in town that I'd pay plenty to avoid!

It's not stupid if you'd rather not deal with the LGS and $200 isn't squat to you. There's one particular gun shop in town that I'd pay plenty to avoid!

Dude, I waste money on things all the time. I have spent more on motorcycles in the past 15 years than most people reading this have spent on their homes... I lose money on every gun I sell here. Every. One.

Dealing with the LGS isn't any more hassle than driving 3x as far for a meet. I do both, but lately most of my purchases have been retail because the prices on the used market are idiotic. There is no benefit to me to pay a lot more for a used gun, when I can walk into the LGS, pay a LOT less and walk out in 15 minutes with my new gun...

it's not about the $200. It's the principle. I did the math, and I pay $221 per DAY, just in taxes... That doesn't mean I want to just throw it away for no benefit though...

Back
Top Bottom