• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Price limits......you fur it or agin it?

Does ODT need some form of price limits

• Mods should delete the gouger ads

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Members should be able to post comments to say it's overpriced

Votes: 55 26.7%
  • Undecided - don't like over priced ads but it's their stuff

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • It's a free market - I just laugh and move on

Votes: 138 67.0%
  • Hope they get it so I can sell some and cash in too.

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • Just waiting for Taco Tuesday

Votes: 24 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who has said that someone shouldn't be allowed to pay $900 for a $500 gun?

That is not, nor has it ever been my point. Sigh...
The point is that you feel like you need to troll around and tell people which decisions to make with their money...because you know best. Do you follow people to gas stations and tell them where to get cheaper gas?

I just did a search for Glock 19's on ODT... They are all in the $750-$850 range, for used guns. I saw one for $625 but that was the cheapest. Someone else wants to trade his for 3,000 rounds of .223 ammo... Why? Because they see other people doing it and figure that's what they are worth now, and because we can't post in those threads, they get away with it. When nobody contradicts you or is able to point out the truth, then the lie is accepted as being "uncontested" and it becomes the new truth.

Meanwhile, dealers are selling them new for less than $500.

So please don't mistake what goes on here, as "the market"... because it just isn't.
Link to sub $500 new or even used glocks in stock and ready to sell?

Are they willing to pay because that's what they go for and are worth, or because they simply don't know any better?

That's the difference. Here, we aren't allowed to say anything and tell the person, "Dude, that guy is ripping you off, you can buy that same gun, new, for $300 less"..

A free market would allow consumers to communicate and discuss things. THAT'S the difference.

Stop trying to justify what you are doing.
You a, but not in someone’s ad.

The point is that you feel like you need to troll around and tell people which decisions to make with their money...because you know best. Do you follow people to gas stations and tell them where to get cheaper gas?

Have you never seen someone talking about buying a car or anything, and they mention the price, and it's so out of whack with what you see other stores or dealers charging, that you don't point it out to them and try to save them a few bucks?

If you knew for a fact that the dealer down the street had the exact same trucks on the lot for $8k cheaper, you wouldn't point it out and try to help them save some money?

Of course if they still WANT to pay the other dealer 8 grand more for the same truck, then have at it... But to say that you will be punished for tipping them off... that seems stupid to me.

Back
Top Bottom