• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Price limits......you fur it or agin it?

Does ODT need some form of price limits

• Mods should delete the gouger ads

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Members should be able to post comments to say it's overpriced

Votes: 55 26.7%
  • Undecided - don't like over priced ads but it's their stuff

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • It's a free market - I just laugh and move on

Votes: 138 67.0%
  • Hope they get it so I can sell some and cash in too.

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • Just waiting for Taco Tuesday

Votes: 24 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Define "the market". The actual market, prices on guns are actually pretty normal. Ammo has gone up with some retailers gouging, while others do not.

Do you think that the half dozen dealers I just mentioned, are selling guns at a loss, just to be nice people? Just to help a brother out? They will run the risk of closing their doors, for me to get a good deal? Really?

This isn't a case of some rare trinket you stumbled on at a garage sale that some collector is willing to pay major bucks for. These are common, everyday items, that currently, outnumber the amount of people that we have living in the US today, including all the illegals. Likely by a factor of 2.

We aren't talking about inflation or something that goes up in value that you bought in 1980, and over 40 years it became a collector's item and went up in price. We aren't talking about real estate.

We are talking about guns. Current production guns that you can walk into a store today and pay normal prices for, but the guys here that like a side job... an extra revenue stream but don't want to pay to become an FFL... they buy and flip guns here for profit, and they rely on "the rules" keeping them out of trouble or from being exposed as scalpers, essentially.

All of your irrelevant, flawed analogies don't change a thing. Apples and water buffalos...

Market = What people are willing to pay for an item.
WOW really.

Market = What people are willing to pay for an item.
WOW really.

Are they willing to pay because that's what they go for and are worth, or because they simply don't know any better?

That's the difference. Here, we aren't allowed to say anything and tell the person, "Dude, that guy is ripping you off, you can buy that same gun, new, for $300 less"..

A free market would allow consumers to communicate and discuss things. THAT'S the difference.

Stop trying to justify what you are doing.

Are they willing to pay because that's what they go for and are worth, or because they simply don't know any better?

That's the difference. Here, we aren't allowed to say anything and tell the person, "Dude, that guy is ripping you off, you can buy that same gun, new, for $300 less"..

A free market would allow consumers to communicate and discuss things. THAT'S the difference.

And you do the same stop trying to justify what you are saying based on non facts.
I can not help the fact that some people are worried about the current climate and buying at ridiculous prices.
Will it calm down, will the stock ever come back, can i defend myself and family with what i have, these are the questions people are asking themselves and yes paying stupid prices and I do not know what is in the hart of people paying these prices do you?
Where did i ever say i was selling anything for a hiked up price (don't think i did and so what if i do as i do not need your permission to do so).
Stepping on an ad has been in place from the beginning of this Site and I am glad it is as some people can not stay on topic.
And I will always sell Stock at higher than what i paid for it so I guess i am a gouger LMFAO

maybe just allow people to be berated when they post a glock stripped oem slide for $800 then. Because **** those people aint nobody dumb enuff to buy some **** like that anyway so we arent hurting any sell and are technically helping the op out.
So in reality you just want to be allowed to berate people for no reason at all...?

Most people are better of minding their own damned business.

I get where they don't want people arguing and fighting over prices. That's understandable... And if the poster doesn't want any questions or comments they can lock the thread from replies...

If their argument is, "Listen, we don't want this forum to devolve into nothing but bickering on price and stuff", I can understand that.

But you can't claim "Ma free market freedoms!" while at the same time, suppressing other's free speech that you don't like or want to hear...

Do you have a right to post a stock used Glock for $1000? Sure.

Does someone have the right to pay that idiotic price? Sure.

Should I be able to ask if they are off their meds, or "what does the gun come with for the extra $500 in your asking price? Absolutely.

But telling me that my "freedom" is to not have the ability to speak and that I can only express my freedom by being silent and walking away... that's NOT freedom and that's NOT how a free market works. At all.
Yes it is freedom, you don’t have to be here. If you were forced to come to this site and Forced to pay any certain price would be one thing, but it is not.
YOU TELLING and us inforceing your beliefs on others what they should or should not do, with their own property is the epitome of taking away freedoms.

Back
Top Bottom