• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Price limits......you fur it or agin it?

Does ODT need some form of price limits

• Mods should delete the gouger ads

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Members should be able to post comments to say it's overpriced

Votes: 55 26.7%
  • Undecided - don't like over priced ads but it's their stuff

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • It's a free market - I just laugh and move on

Votes: 138 67.0%
  • Hope they get it so I can sell some and cash in too.

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • Just waiting for Taco Tuesday

Votes: 24 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's a lie, and you know it. Nobody, not a single person that I have seen here has asked for that.
We said that in a free market, the consumer has the right to speak and voice an opinion without fear of being banned.
That's it. I get that some of the folks here, the unlicensed dealers that buy and flip guns for profit and extra income, don't want to see the current system change. I get it, you get it, we all get it.
Just sack up and own it, rather than constantly doing mental gymnastics to try and justify it...
And if the OP starts a thread asking for opinions on something, people shouldn't be whining when people give their opinions...

It passes my tests...so no lie. Nobody has used those exact words, but I believe that is the intended destination. Seems to me the unspoken goal is, "regulating" prices. The price comments might end up creating less supply, as fewer members post fer sail ads....resulting in higher prices.

Justify what? The ODT rules we all agreed to when we signed up?

Just exercise your freedom, by closing the ad and moving on. As I have just done......

iu

It passes my tests...so no lie. Nobody has used those exact words, but I believe that is the intended destination. Seems to me the unspoken goal is, "regulating" prices. The price comments might end up creating less supply, as fewer members post fer sail ads....resulting in higher prices.

Justify what? The ODT rules we all agreed to when we signed up?

Just exercise your freedom, by closing the ad and moving on. As I have just done......

iu

Nobody has used the exact words, because that's not what anybody has asked for.

Some of us just think it is stupid to get banned for making comments on what are clearly idiotic listings...

^^^^^^^
I told you he would be back with more of the same. Baseless accusations, same old argument and while we get it, he doesn't.

Yeah, at this point I think it's just trolling.

I can't imagine anyone would actually be that stupid, right?

Dangit, I just fed the troll...

And that's fine. If I am at Best Buy and they are charging $900 for a microwave, I don't just walk out. I go and speak to someone and ask them if its an F'ing typo. When you have freedom, you have a choice. You might choose to walk away in silence. I might choose to tell them they are F'ing nuts and then walk away.

Telling me that I am not allowed a choice, that I cannot say anything and that my only option is to buy it or walk away, is not a free market. It's a "Seller's protected market"...

The ones here that are arguing against the ability to discuss pricing or make comments, are the ones profiting from the price gouging and current system. Simple as that...
You can pm the seller to ask about a typo. However, if you want to do it in front of an audience, that won't work. Have you considered theater as a hobby?

You can pm the seller to ask about a typo. However, if you want to do it in front of an audience, that won't work. Have you considered theater as a hobby?

You really do have a problem with reading comprehension, don't you?

Last time, despite me knowing that I am wasting my time...

If the argument is, "These are the rules, we are doing it this way, just because we can."

No argument from me. It's their forum, those are the rules, we agree to them case closed.

But when your argument is "Free Market", then I am going to point out the glaring flaws contained in your rather selective and limited interpretation of what a "Free Market" is.

I can't make it any simpler than that.

You really do have a problem with reading comprehension, don't you?

Last time, despite me knowing that I am wasting my time...

If the argument is, "These are the rules, we are doing it this way, just because we can."

No argument from me. It's their forum, those are the rules, we agree to them case closed.

But when your argument is "Free Market", then I am going to point out the glaring flaws contained in your rather selective and limited interpretation of what a "Free Market" is.

I can't make it any simpler than that.

The truth would be simpler than that, if you'd be willing to accept it.

Nah... I sold a gun today, for less than I could have. I underpriced it, and someone pointed it out in the thread and I didn't care. I priced it where I thought it was fair... And even threw in a box of 45acp ammo for the guy when I found out he is a LEO.

So I may complain here, but I also try to abide by the things I believe in... and gouging or adding $200 to the price of something just because I can and trying to justify it by claiming "Free Market", just doesn't sit well with me...

Back
Top Bottom