• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Price limits......you fur it or agin it?

Does ODT need some form of price limits

• Mods should delete the gouger ads

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Members should be able to post comments to say it's overpriced

Votes: 55 26.7%
  • Undecided - don't like over priced ads but it's their stuff

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • It's a free market - I just laugh and move on

Votes: 138 67.0%
  • Hope they get it so I can sell some and cash in too.

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • Just waiting for Taco Tuesday

Votes: 24 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am surprised that you are still posting. The owner shot all your arguments down by posting what he believes. No price gouging on ammo or firearms, no, you cannot post in other people ads about what you believe to be correct., and no he is not starting any price controls. You keep bringing up this nonsense and will not accept the fact, you can't do what you want on this site. Quit whinning and moaning. You have options, stay and follow the rules, or leave. Either way, you are not getting what you want. Personally, I enjoy your posts. Your posts really bring to light the idiocy of your arguments. Nothing like showing your true colors! lol
The real mystery is why a bunch of ADHD addled, broke dick poors think it's necessary to whine and ***** moan about the price one person asks for something and what another person pays. I've never seen anything like this. In any market... in any context. It's sort of fascinating to see I suppose.

The real mystery is why a bunch of ADHD addled, broke dick poors think it's necessary to whine and ***** moan about the price one person asks for something and what another person pays. I've never seen anything like this. In any market... in any context. It's sort of fascinating to see I suppose.

SJPW to the rescue.

Free market means you vote with your dollars - buy it or move on to the next item. This is a free market ODT Style. I don't contact home sellers, online stores, car dealers, or sellers on ebay just to say their stuff is over-priced in my opinion. I either buy it and pay their price (cause I gotz to have it) or shop elsewhere.

And that's fine. If I am at Best Buy and they are charging $900 for a microwave, I don't just walk out. I go and speak to someone and ask them if its an F'ing typo. When you have freedom, you have a choice. You might choose to walk away in silence. I might choose to tell them they are F'ing nuts and then walk away.

Telling me that I am not allowed a choice, that I cannot say anything and that my only option is to buy it or walk away, is not a free market. It's a "Seller's protected market"...

The ones here that are arguing against the ability to discuss pricing or make comments, are the ones profiting from the price gouging and current system. Simple as that...

giphy(3).gif

And that's fine. If I am at Best Buy and they are charging $900 for a microwave, I don't just walk out. I go and speak to someone and ask them if its an F'ing typo. When you have freedom, you have a choice. You might choose to walk away in silence. I might choose to tell them they are F'ing nuts and then walk away.
Telling me that I am not allowed a choice, that I cannot say anything and that my only option is to buy it or walk away, is not a free market. It's a "Seller's protected market"...

You have plenty freedom - you are venting here about prices and there are other threads for this very topic. Complain all you want outside of this site and there are other gun trading sites that allow comments in ads, so you can tell sellers what their item is worth if that makes you feel better.

It's not a protected market, since other sellers can list the same item for less and sell their stuff. The higher priced items will be relisted and bumped over & over. Will you appreciate what I say your item is worth, next time you get ready to sell something?

What you want is an "arbitrary member regulated pricing" market and that isn't going to happen here. Who is to say what is "over-priced" and what isn't anyway? With over 85,000 members, there will be a lot of variation in opinions.

LOL. He never shuts the **** up about it.

Same argument over and over again. Not a good argument, not even a sane argument, but the same one over and over again. It is really sad, and funny, that he just can't see how the site sets the rules and he can either follow them or leave. It is simple, but he is lost in the simplicity of that fact. He will be back soon. Stay tuned for more of the same.

What you want is an "arbitrary member regulated pricing" market and that isn't going to happen here. Who is to say what is "over-priced" and what isn't anyway? With over 85,000 members, there will be a lot of variation in opinions.

That's a lie, and you know it. Nobody, not a single person that I have seen here has asked for that.

We said that in a free market, the consumer has the right to speak and voice an opinion without fear of being banned.

That's it. I get that some of the folks here, the unlicensed dealers that buy and flip guns for profit and extra income, don't want to see the current system change. I get it, you get it, we all get it.

Just sack up and own it, rather than constantly doing mental gymnastics to try and justify it...

And if the OP starts a thread asking for opinions on something, people shouldn't be whining when people give their opinions...

Back
Top Bottom