• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Price gouging on ammo

iachadk1

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
24   0
Reaction score
For some reason, Cheaper than Dirt seems to be the only retailer that gets called out for ammo price gouging, but in the last few days, I have seen a few online retailers I would add to that list and they will not be getting my business. It's not that surprising but for some reason Cheaper than Dirt is the only one I hear about.

For some reason, Cheaper than Dirt seems to be the only retailer that gets called out for ammo price gouging, but in the last few days, I have seen a few online retailers I would add to that list and they will not be getting my business. It's not that surprising but for some reason Cheaper than Dirt is the only one I hear about.

I;m not sure if the degree plays a part in it but CTD was like extremely bad. I think they were the one charging $1.00 per round for .223 and like $50-$100 per pmag or something like that. It was like shameless gouging

My ignore list grows by the day. There are a few good deals in here today though. Several bad ones too.

Yea i saw 5.56 for $.50 per round. I personally dont think we're there yet and if I've learned any thing the last couple of panics is just wait it out. Ammo will be back down to low prices.

Yea i saw 5.56 for $.50 per round. I personally dont think we're there yet and if I've learned any thing the last couple of panics is just wait it out. Ammo will be back down to low prices.
9mm for .80 cent a round. Etc. Its comical but I feel bad for those who dont buy every paycheck for years. ‍

I;m not sure if the degree plays a part in it but CTD was like extremely bad. I think they were the one charging $1.00 per round for .223 and like $50-$100 per pmag or something like that. It was like shameless gouging
I mentioned this because I saw a couple online retailers I've never heard a bad thing about selling 1000 round cases of cheap plinking 9mm brass ammo for $400. About double price..

My brother called me today and asked where he could order some ammo. I knew it was tight, but did not know how tight. The only thing in 223 I could find was steel cased for 33 cents a round shipped , and no 9mm.

I told him several weeks ago to order what he needed

I mean..... it's a flippers market.... but that doesn't mean you have to super gouge it. If I sold ammo it would be at what I paid.
20200317_113750.jpg

Went by academy in Cumming this morning when they opened, had just about any caliber you could want at normal prices, 3 box limit tho, they didn’t even put them on shelf had everything just our on the carts, imagine it sells that day and they restock overnight maybe idk

Back
Top Bottom