• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Presenting SBR Stamp

Why do we get so butt hurt over a stamp? It's a tax you paid. What is so bad about showing it?

Short answer is only the ATF. Long answer is anyone whose land or range you wish to use. I enjoy pulling out all my form 4's.
I can't speak for others but for me, what chafes me about it is the assumption of illegality. If they were checking everybody for everything, that's one story but to single an NFA weapon out over everything else smacks of "I don't think you can own that so I'm going to ask you about it."

Its up to your discretion to show it. If you decides not to, be prepared to leave since you're on private property. Otherwise, you're not obligated to show anything unless its the ATF. There is no regulation about matching addresses. The address shown on the form is where the registered NFA item is made/kept at. Also when you do address changes, of course your old forms will have old address so you could try to explain that to him.

Last edited:
I can tell you that as the manager of a local range in Atlanta, we are NOT obligated to see ATF paperwork before allowing any class III on the range. The liability of possessing an unregistered class III weapon is entirely on the individual. There are some ranges out there who like to feel special and go all gastapo but that is not their obligation. As was previously mention though, because it is private property it is their prerogative. Find a better range that doesn't feel the need to invade your privacy would be my suggestion.

So I got a message from GA Firing Line last night, long story short "My unqualified opinion is that risk is negligible, but we have an inquiry over to our legal services firm to make sure... I should have full answers to all of your questions that you opened the thread with soon."

So I got a message from GA Firing Line last night, long story short "My unqualified opinion is that risk is negligible, but we have an inquiry over to our legal services firm to make sure... I should have full answers to all of your questions that you opened the thread with soon."
So they want to invade your privacy and goto lengths they're not legally required to goto in a effort to prove you can legally own a NFA firearm, but need legal advice to answer questions pertaining directly to the matter they made themselves apart of? Ok.....now it makes sense! Something tells me they get dropped off at work by a bus that is much shorter than average size

So they want to invade your privacy and goto lengths they're not legally required to goto in a effort to prove you can legally own a NFA firearm, but need legal advice to answer questions pertaining directly to the matter they made themselves apart of? Ok.....now it makes sense! Something tells me they get dropped off at work by a bus that is much shorter than average size

I think you're misreading what he said. The owner has PM'ed me as well, since I brought this thread to his attention, and he has also said that the issue of privacy was "concerning" to him. I believe the "risk" he is referring to is the risk that they, the business, expose themselves to by asking the question. I could be wrong, though.

Back
Top Bottom