• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Presenting SBR Stamp

I would ask to see their FFL and drivers licenses for all responsible parties on site. Also, ask to inspect their bound book.

This... It never ceases to amazed me the how hypocritical so many in the gun community can be, when they get a little perceived power. That extends to "no loaded firearms" at gun shows, gun stores and even the FREAKen Shot Show.

Verify address? Obviously clueless about NFA. I would have asked him if I should have my lower re-engraved everytime I move... dumbass.

I keep copies of the stamps and trust with me when the NFA stuff is with me. It's mostly to avoid headaches from an over zealous local LEO. But attitude means a lot- and if you're already being a dick, I'll ask you to get the local ATF office involved. And I may be detained for awhile- but local supervisors will be hearing from me.

My interpretation of that is that you are responsible for retaining a copy and capable of producing it upon request. ie: responsible for record keeping of the original stamped form. I can produce a copy upon request within a reasonable time frame. That doesn't equate to keeping a copy with the NFA item at all times. I think most people err on the side of caution, but if you head to the range one day and forget it for some reason, I don't think you've broken any laws.

My interpretation of that is that you are responsible for retaining a copy and capable of producing it upon request. ie: responsible for record keeping of the original stamped form. I can produce a copy upon request within a reasonable time frame. That doesn't equate to keeping a copy with the NFA item at all times. I think most people err on the side of caution, but if you head to the range one day and forget it for some reason, I don't think you've broken any laws.

That's my take as well.

Back
Top Bottom