• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Presenting SBR Stamp

JLas

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
17   0
Reaction score
I tried to do a search on this subject matter and couldn't turn up anything:

So I went to an indoor range for the first time this afternoon and had some questions about using my SBR.

My first question, I was showing two friends my 300 blackout that I have SBR'ed and do have the stamp for and I had the stamp with me. After I put the rifle away, a random employee walked up asked me if I had my stamp with me and I said yes. The employee then asked to see my papers for the rifle and I was hesitant to show him. I asked if I had to and long story short he said yes, but I just don't like giving up my right to privacy when I don't have to. So do I have to show him the paper and stamp legally? (I know that they would just ask me to leave if I didn't)

Second question, when we went to actually rent the lane I was asked to show my papers again to the range officer. I understand showing the range officer, but I still pose the same question, legally do I have to show him the stamp?

Third question, as the range officer checked the papers, he said he had to make sure that the address on my license matched the address on the paper work. Well I have a trust, and from my understanding and how I set my trust up, I have people in my trust who can legally possess my SBR with out me being in their presence who don't live at my same address. So how would it play out if one of them went to a range and had to present the papers and the addresses did not match?

I appreciate all responses and am interested to see where this goes..

Next time just tell them you're a 07/02 and need to test your MGs. I keep a copy of my 07 and 02 in my pocket but nobody ever gives me a second check when I mention it. Just look like you know what you're doing, that's what I do.

Well seeing that my license is from FL, and my trust is in GA (military resident) that wouldn't do him any good. If you like the range that much, you kinda have to live by their rules. I would've shown it once and only once.

You only have a duty to present paperwork to an ATF agent. That's a lot of chutzpah on the part of the range. I'd never go there again.

The range I go to has never asked me to present anything, whether I'm playing with a can or sbr. Don't see it as they have any right to see them and certainly not to start trying to match addresses and numbers.

Back
Top Bottom