• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Presenting SBR Stamp

ie: Rollmark on an AR-SBR and obviously no engraving...
I agree, except for factory made SBR's.But, then next question would be, how many violent felons have gone in that establishment and rented a firearm? No ranges take the precaution to prevent putting guns in the hands of felons(background check....I know it sounds crazy)but they choose to haras somebody that's a law abiding citizens bc they think he's breaking the law?

Last edited:
No, I'm not. You used colored language. You said the owner made a "rash" decision. You don't know that. You said that his intention was to "harass gun owners." You don't know that either. "Rash" and "harass" are colored words.

If said person knew beforehand that they did not have the authority or duty to ask for said info and did so anyway, while your assesment is more harsh than would be mine, I do agree with you. However if we have an employee carrying out the demands of his employer, we have a different situation.
Neither of which would ever be disclosed to the general public, so one can only assume he was acting on behalf of what he was told by management and the owner....either way, the place now has a bad rap and rightfully so

Neither of which would ever be disclosed to the general public, so one can only assume he was acting on behalf of what he was told by management and the owner....either way, the place now has a bad rap and rightfully so

I don't know that the place has a "bad rap." The owner has been made aware of the issue, agrees that it was a violation of privacy, and is covering all his bases before responding. Seems like a mature, responsible response to me.

Feel free to cast your vote already. I'll wait to hear the other side first.

I don't know that the place has a "bad rap." The owner has been made aware of the issue, agrees that it was a violation of privacy, and is covering all his bases before responding. Seems like a mature, responsible response to me.

Feel free to cast your vote already. I'll wait to hear the other side first.
Do you think this is the first time this has happened? I'm going to go out on a limb and say it is not the first time. Only this time, they picked a guy that new his rights and decided to tell them to piss off. What's worse about this situation? The fact that they are more concerned about their business vs rights of law abiding citizens? Or the fact that the owner has absolutely no idea what's going on in his shop when staff engage with customers and now he has to seek legal advise because he himself doesn't know the law? I already cast my vote, there are plenty of places we can go shoot and not have to worry about the Nazi Gestapo asking for papers during my visit....

Last edited:
Do you think this is the first time this has happened? I'm going to go out on a limb and say it is not the first time. Only this time, they picked a guy that new his rights and decided to tell them to piss off.
Is it the first time? I can't say - but - in this very thread we have another ODT'er who had a very different experience.
Went there a couple weeks back and at sign in the older guy asked what I was shooting. Told him and he said if I had the stamp, good to go. Didn't ask to look at it.
So at the very least, we know that demanding inspection of ATF paperwork is not SOP at GAFL.

What's worse about this situation? The fact that they are more concerned about their business vs rights of law abiding citizens?
I'm curious as to where you made this decision. I don't think you can support it from anything posted so far.

Or the fact that the owner has absolutely no idea what's going on in his shop when staff engage with customers and now he has to seek legal advise because he himself doesn't know the law? I already cast my vote, there are plenty of places we can go shoot and not have to worry about the Nazi Gestapo asking for papers during my visit....
Emotional, jimmy-rustled response noted.

Emotional, jimmy-rustled responce? Classic! So you're telling me that all somebody has to do is tell them they have a stamp and they're good to go? Lol...you're too funny bro. You must have a members only jacket to be so supportive of them

So you're telling me that all somebody has to do is tell them they have a stamp and they're good to go? Lol...you're too funny bro. You must have a members only jacket to be so supportive of them

Not particularly, no. Since Dobbs has opened up, I have been to GAFL...and even BDD, I only frequented them when on that side of town. They took a crap gun shop and gave it a facelift and have always treated me with respect and courtesy. Plus I have seen the owner fall on the sword because of employee mistakes in past and make them right. In my book that buys the guy, at the very least, an opportunity to explain his side of the story before I pass judgement.

I understand if your rustled jimmies do not allow you the same rationale.

Not particularly, no. Since Dobbs has opened up, I have been to GAFL...and even BDD, I only frequented them when on that side of town. They took a crap gun shop and gave it a facelift and have always treated me with respect and courtesy. Plus I have seen the owner fall on the sword because of employee mistakes in past and make them right. In my book that buys the guy, at the very least, an opportunity to explain his side of the story before I pass judgement.

I understand if your rustled jimmies do not allow you the same rationale.
I don't even understand where Dobbs Defense and this guy who's employees demand paperwork upon entry can even be put in the same sentence. I frequent DD when I need stuff and never once had anything close to this happen. Yes, I will pass judgement, bc I have plenty other places I can go. I choose not to dangle from the sack bc somebody's feeling may get hurt...

Back
Top Bottom