• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Presenting SBR Stamp

I have watched this topic for some time…read all 17 pages with great interest in hearing from the owner of the establishment in question.

I will tell you I have had some debates with some of the most idiotic people at gun ranges…OFTEN times it was an EMPLOYEE of that range (not the range in question) while shooting my SBRs or suppressed (or both).

I cannot tell you how many times I have been asked "Do you have your FFL for that?" or "Do you have your license?"….Finally I got to where I would just say "No, I don't have my FFL or Liscense…." then stare at them till they went away. If they persisted I would invite them to use their Google-Fu to find the actual code and nomenclature that they should reference. I got tired of trying to educate all the idiots.

I have found that those that own Class III items are typically among the most law abiding, safe, and aware people at the range. They also tend to spend MORE MONEY than your typical gun owner, they are enthusiast and a ranges TARGET AUDIENCE…

Why on earth they would accost someone, operate outside of what is legally required, and run off potential customers is beyond me...

I have had a few idiots tell me silencers are illegal and blah blah blah. Good then call the cops on me. GTF away from me.

Pffft...... You should see the things I do to get good video shots of class III stuff on the range.

Truth! Lax is nuts.

"Here, shoot this really small thing 100 yards down so I can film the impact. I'm going to set my camera up on a tripod 2 feet away but it will only record in slow motion for 10 seconds so you will need to take the shot with me still down range. Do you think you can make the shot with the AK pistol?"

:pound:

We did not attempt that by the way. :thumb:

Last edited:
Truth! Lax is nuts.

"Here, shoot this really small thing 100 yards down so I can film the impact. I'm going to set my camera up on a tripod 2 feet away but it will only record in slow motion for 10 seconds so you will need to take the shot with me still down range. Do you think you can make the shot with the AK pistol?"

AHHAHAHAH

just the time of me running away from the target was like 3 minutes of footage after the time warp.

I have had a few idiots tell me silencers are illegal and blah blah blah. Good then call the cops on me. GTF away from me.

True story--- had a guy say " silencers are illegal if you don't have your FFL"

I responded " oh, this is a suppressor." And then waited for a rebuttal---- "oh" was all I got from the expert and he walked away.

Pffft...... You should see the things I do to get good video shots of class III stuff on the range.

I've seen your videos. Good point. So not counting Lax....is what I probably should have led with.

True story--- had a guy say " silencers are illegal if you don't have your FFL"

I responded " oh, this is a suppressor." And then waited for a rebuttal---- "oh" was all I got from the expert and he walked away.

I've seen your videos. Good point. So not counting Lax....is what I probably should have led with.

I usually call it a silencer as that is what the original inventor called it. Lots of people are clueless when it comes to class 3 items. So I just tell them to go online. Educate yourself!

Not too long ago You could have told me suppressors were illegal, or you did indeed need a mythical license to own one and I wouldn't have known any better.

In years since then, I became interested and have tried to learn all I could about them and other class III items.

A LOT of good information I have learned came from right here on ODT.

I usually call it a silencer as that is what the original inventor called it. Lots of people are clueless when it comes to class 3 items. So I just tell them to go online. Educate yourself!

Honestly if they are that stupid it doesn't matter what they call it, I'm gonna call it the opposite just to be a dick. I didn't
ask for their opinion so I'm gonna use my a-hole card right there on the spot just to be obstinate.

Not too long ago You could have told me suppressors were illegal, or you did indeed need a mythical license to own one and I wouldn't have known any better.

In years since then, I became interested and have tried to learn all I could about them and other class III items.

A LOT of good information I have learned came from right here on ODT.

I just want to say "Here, here!" when I saw this response!

Back
Top Bottom