• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Practice Proper Shot Placement...Please

Not sure about this. In all the years and deer I’ve killed I’ve only lost one deer and that was from a bow. Found his rack a year and a half later along with my arrow. Nice 10 pointer. I have always used either my .270 when hunting power lines or fields greater than 100yrds or my 30-30 under 100yrds and obviously the muzzleloader. Always shoot them in heart/lungs.

I may have to try this placement. I normally shoot them in the armpit with a 7.62x39 round. They typically run a little; but not far without working lungs. My normal shot is 30-40 yards, so easy to pick my placement.
Works great. They drop where they stand, no tracking and makes cleaning easy since all their innards are in tact and where they belong.

Screenshot_20211005-203253_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

So, you are saying I shouldn't hunt with my full auto mac10 complete with 22 conversion kit spraying from the hip with a red bandana on my head like a damn boss???? Leaping out of the wood line hosing down a herd of of doe with fawns and just ripping out the backstraps as that's all I eat anyway??? Oh. Noted.

Back
Top Bottom