• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Practice Proper Shot Placement...Please

I would like to hear clarification on what folks mean by brush shot. If the deer in in an area that I can’t see him completely, if safe I pick a hole through said “ brush “if it’s one I want

I would like to hear clarification on what folks mean by brush shot. If the deer in in an area that I can’t see him completely, if safe I pick a hole through said “ brush “if it’s one I want
I always identify my target before pointing weapon in that direction. That said with a 308 in my hands I will be able to see the deer with my naked eye before shouldering gun. With the 375 I my have heard the deer run up, but the brush is too thick for me to see it. So I glass the area and find the deer through optics. Now that I know it's a deer, I'll shoulder my rifle. But I can't see the deer without optics. That's some thick brush. I put the cross hairs where I want the bullet to hit and squeeze the trigger. I hit my mark every time. And in case the deer runs I'll have a good blood trail from the start with no meat loss. And it takes a good blood trail to find it in thick brush

First world problems.

1636623247786.png

Back
Top Bottom