• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SOLD. PLEASE DELETE - Taliaferro County, GA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another fun fact. Raytown, GA is the darkest municipality in the state. Almost zero light pollution. Many amateur astronomers own property there. Most beautiful stars I’ve ever seen. And that’s coming from someone who lives at 2750’.
There's a whole astronomy community out there. Check it out in Satellite view. Wish I had the spare coin for this property.

There's a whole astronomy community out there. Check it out in Satellite view. Wish I had the spare coin for this property.

I was cruising a tract of timber once that adjoins this place. Not my gig but pretty cool none the less. All of the homes in the community have steel I beams protruding from the garages. This allows the whole roof of the garage to slide off of the walls so the telescope can be exposed. Most of them have the capability to do this remotely as well. One of the owners gave me a tour and told me some of the owners live as far away as S. America. Pretty cool.

I was cruising a tract of timber once that adjoins this place. Not my gig but pretty cool none the less. All of the homes in the community have steel I beams protruding from the garages. This allows the whole roof of the garage to slide off of the walls so the telescope can be exposed. Most of them have the capability to do this remotely as well. One of the owners gave me a tour and told me some of the owners live as far away as S. America. Pretty cool.
I saw the roof setups from the satellite view but had no idea they were using them from another country!

Another fun fact. Raytown, GA is the darkest municipality in the state. Almost zero light pollution. Many amateur astronomers own property there. Most beautiful stars I’ve ever seen. And that’s coming from someone who lives at 2750’.
Not been over to Raytown but I camp at AH Stephens pretty regular and its (away from some park lighting) good place to star gaze. Hamburg further south is better.

Quick question came to my mind

If someone bought it…they couldn’t visit whenever they wanted…because somebody is leasing it?

Just curious how much the owner of the property might make off leasing it out per year?

Quick question came to my mind

If someone bought it…they couldn’t visit whenever they wanted…because somebody is leasing it?

Just curious how much the owner of the property might make off leasing it out per year?
Typically landowners try to cover their property taxes with the hunting lease dues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom