Pistols Cal .40 - Why They Are So Hated?

Not useless if you've already got one...

But anyone that buys a new one today... probably didn't make an educated buy.

Wow, just picked up another .40 a few weeks back. Been shooting them since they came into play along with my 9’s and 45’s. The recoil doesn’t bother me even though they are different. I’m 66 and I guess I made an uneducated buy

Wow, just picked up another .40 a few weeks back. Been shooting them since they came into play along with my 9’s and 45’s. The recoil doesn’t bother me even though they are different. I’m 66 and I guess I made an uneducated buy
I have no problem with the recoil on mine...
Folks keep bad mouthing .40cal because of recoil or whatever, so let me ask this "Do you shot 12ga by any chance?" - My JTS AR-12 will kick your shoulder so badly that you will fill it later on. But I still love it. Point is, don't bash the pistol just because you can't handle it. Man up!!

I have no problem with the recoil on mine...
Folks keep bad mouthing .40cal because of recoil or whatever, so let me ask this "Do you shot 12ga by any chance?" - My JTS AR-12 will kick your shoulder so badly that you will fill it later on. But I still love it. Point is, don't bash the pistol just because you can't handle it. Man up!!
Nothing but 12ga in my arsenal for HD and bird hunting. You betcha, they pack a punch while sending a mega load out the tube. Just don’t understand why you would bash a caliber because you’re recoil “sensitive”. Like Ken was stating earlier the “9”:is not the only caliber to benefit with current ballistics technology.

I still have the original glock 23 gen3 I purchased in 1997 and within the last couple years got a sig elite 226 in .40
Recoil doesn't matter to me...and of course people will say today's advancement of 9mm loads is a close rival...

I have no issue stating for me it's all about cost.... I can buy a lot more steel cased 9mm wolf than I can replace cases of .40 and sometimes I wanna drop a thousand rounds on a Saturday.... sometimes....

I still have the original glock 23 gen3 I purchased in 1997 and within the last couple years got a sig elite 226 in .40
Recoil doesn't matter to me...and of course people will say today's advancement of 9mm loads is a close rival...

I have no issue stating for me it's all about cost.... I can buy a lot more steel cased 9mm wolf than I can replace cases of .40 and sometimes I wanna drop a thousand rounds on a Saturday.... sometimes....
Glock 23. The quintessential AWB era purchase. :becky:

was handgun of the year somewhere around those years.... that's what made me purchase a usp45c as well... only because they made the cover.....

I never once mentioned recoil in regards to 40s&w.

If you’ve got an affinity for 0.40” projectiles... just step up and shoot 10mm. :thumb:
My like of the .40 was neither spontaneous or now sympathetic. I like the feel and mental satisfaction of being able to shoot with accuracy big bullets in handguns. Btw... I also shoot a p220 in 10mm:thumb:

I don’t currently own any .40’s, and wasn’t planning on it, buuuuut......

Summit Gunbroker has CHP trade-in 4006TSW pistols with integral rail, decock only, for $305. That’s a badass gun for CHEAP and I’m sorely tempted. If it were 9mm or .45ACP I’d have bought at least one already.

Wonder if anyone makes a .357SIG barrel for the 4006..........?

*EDIT Price has gone up to $385 already. Still a deal, with 3 mags and Novak sights

3A2A4E48-2447-417E-9C46-995E4DF11DEF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom