• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pistols Cal .40 - Why They Are So Hated?

I have a G22, G23 and Sig P229 in .40 S&W. I have no problems with .40. Just a different tool in my toolbox.

I do run Lone Wolf Alpha Wolf 40>9 conversion barrels in the Glocks. Gives me greater flexibility and a reason why I keep the Glocks.

I am not a .40 cal lover but I do own one.
Lets say someone breaks in my house and I have to defend myself with my 300.00 G22 or do I use my 3500.00 .45 1911.
So what happens to the weapon that the law will take into custody because it was used in a shooting.
I would rather let a Reliable .40, that I paid 300.00 for, go than a 3500.00 1911.
Not my only reason for using one for home defense but it is at the top of the list.
Also my wife shoots a .40 FNP and loves it so I do not rock that boat.

Based on this logic, all you need are a dozen Hi-Points in 45 acp scattered around the house for self-defense. It goes bang and delivers a lethal slug and is cheap enough to let the po-po keep it for a few months.

I don’t currently own any .40’s, and wasn’t planning on it, buuuuut......

Summit Gunbroker has CHP trade-in 4006TSW pistols with integral rail, decock only, for $305. That’s a badass gun for CHEAP and I’m sorely tempted. If it were 9mm or .45ACP I’d have bought at least one already.

Wonder if anyone makes a .357SIG barrel for the 4006..........?

*EDIT Price has gone up to $385 already. Still a deal, with 3 mags and Novak sights

View attachment 2420845
That is a beautiful gun my friend. Buy it!!!

40s&w was a compromise caliber created by LE's that couldn't handle 10mm.

It was pushed to the civvy community during the AWB... since most carry sized 40cal guns carry around 10rds.

It's pretty much useless today... with advances in performance of 9mm JHP ammo.

Aside from 1911 dudes that realized 7 rounds ain’t enough... a few LE agencies and USPSA major power factor... its trash.

This ^^^

40 ammo normally runs more than the 9mm equivalent. So why would I pay 8 to 10 cents a rd more for 40 than 9.
However, with all the 40 hate there is becoming a reason... price. 40 cals can be had for less than their 9mm counterpart (glock 22 vs 17 trade ins for example). So there are times where it makes since to look at the Fo Tay and bask in the hate.

That is a beautiful gun my friend. Buy it!!!

Don’t want to add .40S&W to the stable. More expensive than 9mm, which I already have 10k or more rounds of, and I get .357SIG for free. Don’t want to handload for it.

Price on those went how a little to $385, but that includes 3 mags and Novak’s. Still a great deal.

Back
Top Bottom