• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Picked up my first Glock in quite some time

My personal opinion is glocks are not worth the money, especially when most of their competition come with real sights. Since when was "perfection" selling something the majority of people change the sights on.

Don't get me wrong, they are good guns. Just not the value compared to the competition at several hundred less.

My personal opinion is glocks are not worth the money, especially when most of their competition come with real sights. Since when was "perfection" selling something the majority of people change the sights on.

Don't get me wrong, they are good guns. Just not the value compared to the competition at several hundred less.

I’m not the world’s greatest Glock fan, but they are a good value. Buy a Glock 19, add tritium sights, and you’re still at or below the price of a SIG P320, and definitely below the price of the HK VP9.

An SAI XD or a Canik might cost lost, but at the end of the day you have an XD or a Canik.

Personally, I prefer that my handguns DO NOT come with tritium sights, so that I can buy the ones that I like. I am particular about my sights, and the ones that come on factory pistols are rarely what I would choose. I like that most Glocks come with the cheapest possible sights, so that I can choose what I want. I don’t want to pay for the tritium sights that are someone else’s preference, or supplied by the lowest bidder to the manufacturer.

I was mostly referring to the M&P 2.0 and the CZ p10c. I can see your point on sight choice, I run a RMR on my carry gun so that's obviously not stock.

I probably shouldn't complain about them as I end up replacing more people's glock sights for them then any other gun by probably 10 fold.

Plus you CAN order Glocks with metal sights. Their "standard" night sights are similar to the plastic ones but are metal with tritium vials or you have them add Ameriglo Bolds. IMHO, I like the Ameriglo sights over the Trijicons and Night Fision looks to be on par with the Ameriglos. I won't know for sure until Night Fisions show up and replace the Trijicons.

As an aside, Trijicon customer service sucked for me the one time I had to use it.

Plus you CAN order Glocks with metal sights. Their "standard" night sights are similar to the plastic ones but are metal with tritium vials or you have them add Ameriglo Bolds. IMHO, I like the Ameriglo sights over the Trijicons and Night Fision looks to be on par with the Ameriglos. I won't know for sure until Night Fisions show up and replace the Trijicons.

As an aside, Trijicon customer service sucked for me the one time I had to use it.

I've had crap experiences with both Trijicon and Meprolight. Meprolight was bad enough that I won't use their products anymore.

cmshoot cmshoot
What's your take on the Night Fision sights after some time? I like the idea of dot/bar layout.
Did you keep them on the Glock? Did they meet accuracy expectations?
The older my eyes get, the less I seem to like my trijicon sights. These days, the fuzzy dots on the rear are distracting to me. Thanks..

cmshoot cmshoot
What's your take on the Night Fision sights after some time? I like the idea of dot/bar layout.
Did you keep them on the Glock? Did they meet accuracy expectations?
The older my eyes get, the less I seem to like my trijicon sights. These days, the fuzzy dots on the rear are distracting to me. Thanks..

Still no complaints. Some of the best I’ve ever used.

Back
Top Bottom