• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Picked up my first Glock in quite some time

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
Gen5 G19 MOS. I currently have no plans to mount an optic, but the option is there if I change my mind on down the road.

Because I like to have my bases covered, in my last order from Forward Controls Design, I ordered an OPF-G, RMR (Optics Platform, Glock, for RMR). I much prefer this plate to the ones that come with the Glock.

The MOS models don’t take all of the standard Glock rear sights. The dovetail is the same size, but it is situated closer to the rear of the slide. The two rear sights that I like the best, the Heinie Ledge and the Ameriglo Hackathorn, will severely hang over the rear of the slide on the MOS model. “Standard” style sights, ones that have no added material in front of or behind the dovetail, will work fine with the MOS versions.

Further limiting my sight choices is that I prefer a plain black serrated rear sight. 10-8 Performance has the exact design I want, but they’re out of stock. I backordered one, but in the meantime ordered a set from a company that I’m not familiar with, but have heard good things; Night Fision.

I still couldn’t find a plain black serrated rear from Night Fision, but I ordered a set with a tritium horizontal bar in the rear, and a tritium dot up front. That’s as unobtrusive as I could find in stock for the rear. If it bothers me, I’ll black it out.
0DB6DA78-EC48-408E-96E4-E1142B7CBF30.jpeg

I will probably order a Grip Force adapter for it, as they have worked well for me in the past.

Already had a Streamlight TLR-7, so that’s on there.

Picked up plenty of mags at TruPrep.

In the process of ordering holsters and such.

You know you want to add a RMR on there. Cross over to the dark side. :becky::boink:

Side note, my wife and I missed the last Self Care & Buddy Aid course (really need to get my wife there as she'd most likely be the one working on me in a SHTF sit.) and don't see one on the schedule through June of 2021. Any plans on adding one sooner than that?

You know you want to add a RMR on there. Cross over to the dark side. :becky::boink:

Side note, my wife and I missed the last Self Care & Buddy Aid course (really need to get my wife there as she'd most likely be the one working on me in a SHTF sit.) and don't see one on the schedule through June of 2021. Any plans on adding one sooner than that?

More than likely. I asked the med Instructor to send me some suitable dates.

For what they are and what they are not, a Glock is pretty hard to beat. Love to see pics when its finished.

Skydas makes a pretty good holster.

Gen5 G19 MOS. I currently have no plans to mount an optic, but the option is there if I change my mind on down the road.

Because I like to have my bases covered, in my last order from Forward Controls Design, I ordered an OPF-G, RMR (Optics Platform, Glock, for RMR). I much prefer this plate to the ones that come with the Glock.

The MOS models don’t take all of the standard Glock rear sights. The dovetail is the same size, but it is situated closer to the rear of the slide. The two rear sights that I like the best, the Heinie Ledge and the Ameriglo Hackathorn, will severely hang over the rear of the slide on the MOS model. “Standard” style sights, ones that have no added material in front of or behind the dovetail, will work fine with the MOS versions.

Further limiting my sight choices is that I prefer a plain black serrated rear sight. 10-8 Performance has the exact design I want, but they’re out of stock. I backordered one, but in the meantime ordered a set from a company that I’m not familiar with, but have heard good things; Night Fision.

I still couldn’t find a plain black serrated rear from Night Fision, but I ordered a set with a tritium horizontal bar in the rear, and a tritium dot up front. That’s as unobtrusive as I could find in stock for the rear. If it bothers me, I’ll black it out.
View attachment 2909377

I will probably order a Grip Force adapter for it, as they have worked well for me in the past.

Already had a Streamlight TLR-7, so that’s on there.

Picked up plenty of mags at TruPrep.

In the process of ordering holsters and such.
So now you're a Sig traitor huh?

Just joking -- sounds like a nice piece.

Night Fision sights came in and I installed them. They appear to be high quality, and I had no issues with the install.

Sight picture. The gap around the front sight is a bit tighter than what the picture makes it appear as. To me, it’s a nice balance between speed and precision. Blade width is .140”, and the notch is .153”. Fairly standard setup.
7416094A-7143-44BC-B4B5-515686C6D5AE.jpeg

Face of front sight. Nicely serrated, but the white outline is something that I can personally do without.
07C573B7-89F4-4871-BA35-4F18FCCF8EF5.jpeg

Rear sight, again nicely serrated. Tritium bar below the sight notch.
9C7BC40A-7791-4490-B8C0-CD874EB8EB5D.jpeg

The forward facing surface of the rear sight is also nicely serrated. This will help immensely when racking the slide one-handed, say off a belt, holster, or other object.
C424FC1B-67AD-4211-B46C-C6DBB6F7515D.jpeg

I know you're a "Plain black rear sight" kind of guy. Couldn't you have just installed the rear sight backwards?

I guess there would be a sharpie involved either way.

Back
Top Bottom