• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Picked up my first Glock in quite some time

I know you're a "Plain black rear sight" kind of guy. Couldn't you have just installed the rear sight backwards?

I guess there would be a sharpie involved either way.

Yes, but the side of the rear sight facing the shooter has a slight forward angle. Flip it and that would be counterproductive to using it as a racking point.

Yes, but the side of the rear sight facing the shooter has a slight forward angle. Flip it and that would be counterproductive to using it as a racking point.
8CB5795F-1A0C-48D4-83EF-DA05B61D9302.jpeg

The Night Fision sights worked as they should; I used them to point the Glock at things, pulled the trigger, and I hit those things.

When I installed the rear sight, I centered it in the slide. They were perfectly on target without any drifting.

I like the sight picture. The rear sight reminds me of the Wilson Combat Vickers blacked out rear with U notch, except the Wilson sight is more rounded at the corners inside the groove. Serrations, picture, everything is almost identical.

Good choice of gun! I always knew deep down you were one of us. :evil:

Night Fision sights came in and I installed them. They appear to be high quality, and I had no issues with the install.

Sight picture. The gap around the front sight is a bit tighter than what the picture makes it appear as. To me, it’s a nice balance between speed and precision. Blade width is .140”, and the notch is .153”. Fairly standard setup.
View attachment 2915221

Face of front sight. Nicely serrated, but the white outline is something that I can personally do without.
View attachment 2915222

Rear sight, again nicely serrated. Tritium bar below the sight notch.
View attachment 2915223

The forward facing surface of the rear sight is also nicely serrated. This will help immensely when racking the slide one-handed, say off a belt, holster, or other object.
View attachment 2915224
Nice set of sights Shep!

I like the sight picture. The rear sight reminds me of the Wilson Combat Vickers blacked out rear with U notch, except the Wilson sight is more rounded at the corners inside the groove. Serrations, picture, everything is almost identical.

Good choice of gun! I always knew deep down you were one of us. :evil:

I prefer a square notch over the U.

Back
Top Bottom