• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Perfection let me down today (Glock problem)

And of course I have to post pictures of the one that kept on ticking.
I wish I had bigger pockets or a smaller P228.

20160814_230540sig.jpg

I'm just thinking out loud here so don't chastise me if this doesn't make great sense but if the barrel was hot from shooting prior to the malfunction an cooled around the case (assuming it's a bulged case) could you slowly drill into the lodged case empty the propellant and slowly heat the chamber with a torch not hot enough to cook off but enough to maybe expand the metal enough to possibly free it???? Just another idea

You can also call there toll free Jam hotline
1-800-GOT-JAMD (468-5263) if you can get through to them. I always get the recording, "We are experiencing unusual heavy call volumes to our JAMD gun line. Leave a message and we will call you back in the order in which we receive your message."

Thanks Bill. i am going to give that a "shot'.

(Well that didn't work - can't get the slide back far enough to remove the back plate.)

Cadcom Cadcom - You have to force the backplate off. On the top right hand side use an awl or a small strong screwdriver and push down. The backplate will come off, just not the way you would usually take it off. Oh and watch out for the striker and spring!

Cadcom Cadcom - You have to force the backplate off. On the top right hand side use an awl or a small strong screwdriver and push down. The backplate will come off, just not the way you would usually take it off. Oh and watch out for the striker and spring!
Sometimes you have to get mean with these things. They are a tool and can't stay pretty forever. Get it there and make that bitch submit.

Back
Top Bottom