• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Perfection let me down today (Glock problem)

O lawd....I'm seeing all these cheaper priced guns being mentioned as doing the same thing as the mighty block (with a big price tag) has done today...oh lawd some folks heads are going to bust...lol....guns like Phoenix arms, Kel tec,hi point.....guess that big price tag don't make invincible

O lawd....I'm seeing all these cheaper priced guns being mentioned as doing the same thing as the mighty block (with a big price tag) has done today...oh lawd some folks heads are going to bust...lol....guns like Phoenix arms, Kel tec,hi point.....guess that big price tag don't make invincible

I feel sorry for you if you think Glocks are high priced. If a defective round of ammo is at fault, it would've likely locked up most guns.

Had the same thing happened to me with my 19 once. Live round stuck in the chamber about a quarter inch out of battery. I put my safety glasses on kept my feet clear and put the front corner of the slide on a fence post and forced it open. While doing that the primer went off and flew out of the ejection port. How that happened and how the hell the round didn't go off puzzles me to this day. It was Tula ammo.
:faint2:

I feel sorry for you if you think Glocks are high priced. If a defective round of ammo is at ault, it would've likely locked up most guns.
For plastic yes sir it's way over priced&I'm sorry for you if you think 500.00 for a plastic or polymer whatever you want call it is a fair price...thanks for your concern but no thanks

Cadcom Cadcom
To make the gun safer to work on you can remove the back and remove the striker and spring.
In which case you'll be quite a bit more safe.

At that point you can take a brass rod put it in the barrel and give it a bang on the workbench.
I've only seen this happen once before and this is how it was cleared.

There was nothing wrong with the gun and it still shoots fine.

The round was out of spec it came from Freedom Munitions was a new, not reloaded round and jammed up tight in the chamber. It probably didn't help that I hit it with the heel of my hand to get it into battery.
It was a brand new KKM Precision Match barrel and they are very tight compared to the stock Glock barrel. My 2 cents ......

Cadcom Cadcom
To make the gun safer to work on you can remove the back and remove the striker and spring.

At that point you can take a brass rod put it in the barrel and give it a bang on the workbench.

Awesome suggestion. I'm remembering that one if I ever run into this again.

Cadcom Cadcom

There was nothing wrong with the gun and it still shoots fine.

The round was out of spec it came from Freedom Munitions was a new, not reloaded round and jammed up tight in the chamber. It probably didn't help that I hit it with the heel of my hand to get it into battery.
It was a brand new KKM Precision Match barrel and they are very tight compared to the stock Glock barrel. My 2 cents ......

Thanks Bill. i am going to give that a "shot'.

(Well that didn't work - can't get the slide back far enough to remove the back plate.)

Hmmmmm. Not punny!

Well I tried - cant get the slide back enough to remove the rear plate. And I have put several hundred pounds on the slide trying to move move it forward or back. It aint budging. i don't think it's a case. I cannot see brass standing up to this kind of pressure.

Back
Top Bottom