• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Perfection let me down today (Glock problem)

Had the same thing happened to me with my 19 once. Live round stuck in the chamber about a quarter inch out of battery. I put my safety glasses on kept my feet clear and put the front corner of the slide on a fence post and forced it open. While doing that the primer went off and flew out of the ejection port. How that happened and how the hell the round didn't go off puzzles me to this day. It was Tula ammo.

I had a kel tec guide rod drop and get stuck between the barrel and the frame. It was wedged open about like that. I'm not a glocker so who knows if that could even happen.

Did you purchase the gun used? If it isn't the ammo it could be something aftermarket on the gun. It can't be the Glock. Impossible. We all know that.

I don't know Glocks but I had a similar problem with Phoenix arms. Eject the rounds out of the magazine then reinsert into the pistol then try to work the slide back. Mine had to have the magazine inserted to work the slide. My 2cents.

I loaded the round and didn't notice anything wrong, IF it's a bulged case then I'll address it at that time.

This round locked up a XD so bad I had to put all my weight on the slide to unbreak it.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

It doesn't look like much, but it doesn't take much. I've held onto this round for 4 years.

Back
Top Bottom