• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Perfection let me down today (Glock problem)

Might should take it in to Glock to fix. There is a live round in there. Last thing I want to read is the headline....... Man from Canton has gun explode while trying to unjam an advertised unjammable gun.

Might should take it in to Glock to fix. There is a live round in there. Last thing I want to read is the headline....... Man from Canton has gun explode while trying to unjam an advertised unjammable gun.

It's a lawsuit just waiting to happen. I have already tucked it away and will head to Glock Wed to let them take a peek.

I think it is the ammo. The trigger movement is normal.

What ammo was it?

The Sig has a huge chamber, at least the ones I have owned were the loosest of any 9mm's that I have owned. Infact, I run all my wrinkled brass reloads through the Sig just to disspose of it. It does not surprise me that the Glock would jam and the Sig might not.

I would try sqirting some copper bore cleaner like Hoppes9 or equivalent into the barrel and let sit for a couple of days. It will not hurt anything, and it may disolve some of the brass or crud that is holding the round in the chamber. Rem oil or Kroil may also work, but they wont't disolve any of the copper in the brass alloy.

Had something similar happen at a bowling pin shoot one day. It was some bad reloads and jammed my XD tighter than a frogs ass. We put the frame in a vice and hit it with a rubber mallet. Worked like a charm.

I think it is the ammo. The trigger movement is normal.

What ammo was it?

The Sig has a huge chamber, at least the ones I have owned were the loosest of any 9mm's that I have owned. Infact, I run all my wrinkled brass reloads through the Sig just to disspose of it. It does not surprise me that the Glock would jam and the Sig might not.

I would try sqirting some copper bore cleaner like Hoppes9 or equivalent into the barrel and let sit for a couple of days. It will not hurt anything, and it may disolve some of the brass or crud that is holding the round in the chamber. Rem oil or Kroil may also work, but they wont't disolve any of the copper in the brass alloy.

Factory Federal brass 90 gr FMJ. I'm done with it and will let the Glock boys in Smyrna figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom