• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

People! Stop buying ammo!

That's pretty insulting Bear but i'm not mad because i know you didn't go very far in school and lack basic critical thinking skills. Go check all my listings then go to gun broker. Click on sold listings and search a similar product. In each and every case you will see the same item that sold for significantly more plus the buyer pays freight on top of that. That big chip of insecurity and inferiority you walk around with must get pretty heavy. Do me this favor...think real real hard and put together a half logical argument why selling a non-necessity at a market rate is unethical. I'll wait and we can let the peanut gallery be the judge if you make your case or not.
The case is very simple. I think we are a community of gun owners and taking advantage of others during a shortage is unethical. You don't.

The case is very simple. I think we are a community of gun owners and taking advantage of others during a shortage is unethical. You don't.

Price controls always lead to shortages. Scenario 1 "I want to go take my neighbor shooting this weekend. I need ammo. Oh, there is nothing for sale because the free market is being restricted because someone's feelings might be hurt." Bear, maybe you have made the mistake of thinking we are all supposed to be buddies here. Brothers in arms and such. There are some good folks here, I agree. But its not the community at fault because you didnt prepare for this. I'm guessing your old lady would give you crap every time you tried to sneak 50 rounds of .22 in the WalMart shopping cart back in the good old days. "BEAR!, what do you need that for? Put that back right now!" I bet now she's giving you crap for not buying more. I understand you can't win there but don't take it out of us. You don't like the price of something then move on. The rules are; there are no rules. You don't know who has bills to pay, a kids tuition, medical expenses, out of work, etc. Get over your insecurities already

Price controls always lead to shortages. Scenario 1 "I want to go take my neighbor shooting this weekend. I need ammo. Oh, there is nothing for sale because the free market is being restricted because someone's feelings might be hurt." Bear, maybe you have made the mistake of thinking we are all supposed to be buddies here. Brothers in arms and such. There are some good folks here, I agree. But its not the community at fault because you didnt prepare for this. I'm guessing your old lady would give you crap every time you tried to sneak 50 rounds of .22 in the WalMart shopping cart back in the good old days. "BEAR!, what do you need that for? Put that back right now!" I bet now she's giving you crap for not buying more. I understand you can't win there but don't take it out of us. You don't like the price of something then move on. The rules are; there are no rules. You don't know who has bills to pay, a kids tuition, medical expenses, out of work, etc. Get over your insecurities already
Dude, you really haven't read this thread, have you? I've already said multiple times that I'm not in the market for ammunition. I'm a prepper and have many thousands of rounds of every cartridge I want in quantity. I also have many years worth of hunting and precision ammo on hand, in addition to the ability to load many more. In fact, I could sell it for much more than it's worth and make a killing, just like you are doing, but I'm not unethical, so...

Dude, you really haven't read this thread, have you? I've already said multiple times that I'm not in the market for ammunition. I'm a prepper and have many thousands of rounds of every cartridge I want in quantity. I also have many years worth of hunting and precision ammo on hand, in addition to the ability to load many more. In fact, I could sell it for much more than it's worth and make a killing, just like you are doing, but I'm not unethical, so...

not unethical at all to offer something at current market rate to someone who wants to buy it at current market rate.

people selling are making it available. People like you and I not selling are actually making the market more tight. If we would all sell, the market would be flooded and prices would plummet.

I’m not really interested in selling my 5.56 but at a dollar a round it is getting very tempting. It is costing me a dollar a round to let it sit on the shelf and collect dust simply because I want it.

Back
Top Bottom