• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

People! Stop buying ammo!

not unethical at all to offer something at current market rate to someone who wants to buy it at current market rate.

people selling are making it available. People like you and I not selling are actually making the market more tight. If we would all sell, the market would be flooded and prices would plummet.

I’m not really interested in selling my 5.56 but at a dollar a round it is getting very tempting. It is costing me a dollar a round to let it sit on the shelf and collect dust simply because I want it.
If you really want to see the prices drop, we should all sell at normal pre panic prices. The price would plummet overnight and I'd actually be willing to do that if everyone else did. Unfortunately, there are too many that want the price to stay high so they can take advantage. They'll do whatever they can to keep the panic going and keep those prices up. A good example of that is a lot of the responses in this thread.

If you really want to see the prices drop, we should all sell at normal pre panic prices. The price would plummet overnight and I'd actually be willing to do that if everyone else did. Unfortunately, there are too many that want the price to stay high so they can take advantage. They'll do whatever they can to keep the panic going and keep those prices up. A good example of that is a lot of the responses in this thread.

And once again you fail to understand that the buyer sets the price, not the seller.

I don’t understand how someone otherwise intelligent can have such a weak grasp on market economics.

And once again you fail to understand that the buyer sets the price, not the seller.

I don’t understand how someone otherwise intelligent can have such a weak grasp on market economics.
But I do understand that and have said so in this thread. I don't understand why so many of you are having a problem understanding that stopping the demand by not buying ammo IS the buyer setting the price... and driving it down.

It's about as simple as it gets.

Stop buying.

Demand plummets.

Price follows and also plummets.

Start buying again, but not in panic mode because ammo is plentiful.

Why is this so hard to understand? :noidea:

I know it's wishful thinking that folks on the Right could actually all pull together to cause a positive affect, but the theory is sound.

But I do understand that and have said so in this thread. I don't understand why so many of you are having a problem understanding that stopping the demand by not buying ammo IS the buyer setting the price... and driving it down.

It's about as simple as it gets.

Stop buying.

Demand plummets.

Price follows and also plummets.

Start buying again, but not in panic mode because ammo is plentiful.

Why is this so hard to understand? :noidea:

I know it's wishful thinking that folks on the Right could actually all pull together to cause a positive affect, but the theory is sound.
If frogs had wings they wouldn’t bump their ass when they hop

Back
Top Bottom