• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

People! Stop buying ammo!

Don't quote me on this. I have been told by a gun local dealer, whom I believe to be an honest person, that even though ammo is difficult for them to order right now in any decent quantity, the prices have only gone up a small percentage. The inflated prices we are seeing is that because of all the demand, dealers are doing their best to make bank and they are the ones driving up the prices for pure and simple greed. I tend to believe this is true, because this same gun dealer is selling ammo way cheaper than anyone else, when he has it. Another thing that is happening is that the local dealers are holding back their gun inventory and selling it on Gunbroker where they can make more money on a gun instead of selling it in their stores to their local regular customer who have always been loyal to them. So search for your local gun dealer on Gunbroker and if you see tons of inventory for sale that isn't going to their showroom floor, you might think twice about supporting them in the future. So, my opinion is that that there is some fleecing going on to take advantage of the situation. Just something to think about next time you are about to pay five times the normal cost for that box of ammo.

Don't quote me on this. I have been told by a gun local dealer, whom I believe to be an honest person, that even though ammo is difficult for them to order right now in any decent quantity, the prices have only gone up a small percentage. The inflated prices we are seeing is that because of all the demand, dealers are doing their best to make bank and they are the ones driving up the prices for pure and simple greed. I tend to believe this is true, because this same gun dealer is selling ammo way cheaper than anyone else, when he has it. Another thing that is happening is that the local dealers are holding back their gun inventory and selling it on Gunbroker where they can make more money on a gun instead of selling it in their stores to their local regular customer who have always been loyal to them. So search for your local gun dealer on Gunbroker and if you see tons of inventory for sale that isn't going to their showroom floor, you might think twice about supporting them in the future. So, my opinion is that that there is some fleecing going on to take advantage of the situation. Just something to think about next time you are about to pay five times the normal cost for that box of ammo.

I fully support them charging as much as people are willing to pay. They are in business to make money. You don’t make money by selling out of everything in a couple of hours and then sitting with no inventory for two months.

I can think of several gun stores that don’t exist anymore because they did that very thing last panic.

Back
Top Bottom