• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Paranoid gun owners

AK are drying up from supply. Mil Sur is about used up.
223/5.56 and 9mm is kinda scarce, as some country's are restocking old stock. But. Most ammo is in good supply, this is (I hope) a temporary situation.

I think it is. I think there were a lot of shops and websites that really wanted 2012 to be a repeat of 2008 and while there has been a mini spike it is nothing like it was in 2008, even with the panic inducing price hikes some dealers are trying to implement. I think something a lot of places failed to factor in was a lot of people just don't have the money they had in 2008. The result is they are going to be over stocked soon. Despite the fearmongering I think prices will be back down by spring.

Feinstein meets with the ATF, gun control groups, city, state and fed officials on a pretty regular basis to discuss and fine tune her quest for gun control. She has done this for years. Let me repeat that. YEARS. She did it during the Bush admin before Obama and she has done it throughout Obama's first term. The only reason these common meetings are being played up so hard now is because some groups in the firearms community are looking to profit by playing on people's fears.

Good point.

I buy my ammo 1 or 2 boxes at a time when it's the best price or trade I for it. I'd like to be able to buy it in bulk but I'm not able to and I'm a little paranoid of the paper trail of buying it like that.

Feinstein meets with the ATF, gun control groups, city, state and fed officials on a pretty regular basis to discuss and fine tune her quest for gun control. She has done this for years. Let me repeat that. YEARS. She did it during the Bush admin before Obama and she has done it throughout Obama's first term. The only reason these common meetings are being played up so hard now is because some groups in the firearms community are looking to profit by playing on people's fears.

There is much being made out of a normal meeting between queen dip**** and the ATF. The only shot of another ban isn't until the 2014 midterms but gun stores and dealers will keep posting that little story and the 20 or so similar stories that will follow because it justifies $30 Pmags. I am not saying everyone is doing this but some are. That being said it is a free market a business is free to ask what it likes, just as I am free to take my money to their competitor.
^^^This^^^ is all you need to read in this thread....that and Adventure Outdoors has a post election sale going on!

Not true.
"A few days before Barack Obama's reelection on Tuesday, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) began getting ready to introduce legislation to bring back the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004." While it remains to be seen how successful she is, there is movement. She was co-author of the 1994 ban.
http://www.examiner.com/article/senator-feinstein-looking-to-introduce-new-assault-weapons-ban

Media ‘gun control’ proponents argue there's no longer any need to fear NRA
http://www.examiner.com/article/med...-argue-there-s-no-longer-any-need-to-fear-nra

Actually it is true.

Someone proposes or offers or submits a gun control law every congress. An assault weapon ban has been offered every congress since the last AWB expired.

Care to explain how much movement there was on those gun control laws in 2006? How about 2008? I do not recall an AWB passing in 2010, do you?

Point of fact sometime during the last presidents rule a bill was passed to allow carry in federal parks. This law was signed by President Obama when it was attached to some bill he wanted.

Some people use these truths for their purposes. YOU can claim what you like but when YOU post stuff like this YOU are part of the problem. YOU of all people should go find the truth or keep your mouth shut and enjoy the increased business.

Actually it is true.

Someone proposes or offers or submits a gun control law every congress. An assault weapon ban has been offered every congress since the last AWB expired.

Care to explain how much movement there was on those gun control laws in 2006? How about 2008? I do not recall an AWB passing in 2010, do you?

Point of fact sometime during the last presidents rule a bill was passed to allow carry in federal parks. This law was signed by President Obama when it was attached to some bill he wanted.

Some people use these truths for their purposes. YOU can claim what you like but when YOU post stuff like this YOU are part of the problem. YOU of all people should go find the truth or keep your mouth shut and enjoy the increased business.

You made a fair point about failed legislation, but your statement also proves the fact that there are those that are ARE trying to implement more gun control.

Only time will tell and I hope that you are right that concerns of gun owners are unwarranted. I would be ecstatic if it never happens.

Additionally, I have NOT had any increase in sales what-so-ever because I do not have a storefront. I have a full-time job unrelated to firearms sales and only do firearms sales as an interest, NOT to get rich. In fact, I have taken losses in the last 2 years. I don't carry enough inventory or have enough traffic to make a living off sales. Posting a couple online articles will certainly not benefit me personally.

Arguments can be made for both sides, and as you've pointed out there really isn't enough evidence to disprove either notion. If we go 2-4 years with no movement on an AWB ban, I will be just as happy as anyone here.

Back
Top Bottom