• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Paranoid gun owners

Are doing far more damage in regards to one's ability to obtain firearms and ammunition, than Obama ever could do.

Thanks for causing ammo shortages and gun price hikes, jackholes.

Sorry, dog.

You are incorrect about the main cause of these prices. I was around for the Clinton "assault weapons" ban-and you think the run on guns, mags, and ammo is bad now.... You should have seen it then.

The main cause of high prices is the decline in the value of the dollar. Copper and other metals used in ammo are now trading at double what they were back then. During those times, you could buy 5.56 for $3.50 per box. 7.62x39 was REALLY cheap (about $1.50 if I recall correctly.)

Back then, the dollar was much more powerful. You could go to Canada and buy one of their dollars for @.50. Now, they are about even. The dollar ain't worth **** compared to back then. Demand is high now, but I really don't see completely empty shelves like back then. The dollar is only going to decline under this asshat and his tax policies.

-Ain't much we can do about that.

Not true.
"A few days before Barack Obama's reelection on Tuesday, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) began getting ready to introduce legislation to bring back the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004." While it remains to be seen how successful she is, there is movement. She was co-author of the 1994 ban.
http://www.examiner.com/article/senator-feinstein-looking-to-introduce-new-assault-weapons-ban

Feinstein meets with the ATF, gun control groups, city, state and fed officials on a pretty regular basis to discuss and fine tune her quest for gun control. She has done this for years. Let me repeat that. YEARS. She did it during the Bush admin before Obama and she has done it throughout Obama's first term. The only reason these common meetings are being played up so hard now is because some groups in the firearms community are looking to profit by playing on people's fears.

There is much being made out of a normal meeting between queen dip**** and the ATF. The only shot of another ban isn't until the 2014 midterms but gun stores and dealers will keep posting that little story and the 20 or so similar stories that will follow because it justifies $30 Pmags. I am not saying everyone is doing this but some are. That being said it is a free market a business is free to ask what it likes, just as I am free to take my money to their competitor.

AK are drying up from supply. Mil Sur is about used up.
223/5.56 and 9mm is kinda scarce, as some country's are restocking old stock. But. Most ammo is in good supply, this is (I hope) a temporary situation.

AK are drying up from supply. Mil Sur is about used up.
223/5.56 and 9mm is kinda scarce, as some country's are restocking old stock. But. Most ammo is in good supply, this is (I hope) a temporary situation.

A quick glance at Centerfiresystems seems to suggest that there are plenty of AKs and the prices are falling.

Possibly, but are they of a Good quality?

The VEPRs they have for $499 are some of the best ever built. The y have them in several calibers as well. The new batches of PAPs that have been showered upon us are also very, high quality rifles.

Back
Top Bottom