• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Panic ammo buying

Good artists are hard to find. Eat your heart out Steve Penley! Lol.

IMG-2621.jpg

Is it a panic when you call all your regular suppliers in early November and they don't have any ammo at any price?

At that point, whether the cause of the shortage is real or not, the shortage itself is real.

Psychological principle called self fulfilling prophecy.

A self-fulfilling prophecy is a prediction that comes true at least in part as a result of a person's belief or expectation that said prediction would come true. Self-fulfilling prophecies are an example of the more general phenomenon of positive feedback loops.

The famous example given in college was the bank run. A guy spreads a false rumor that the local bank is failing and to get your money out. Everyone runs to the bank and takes their money. The bank fails. The guy who started the false rumor says

“hey see! what did I tell you. The bank failed.”

That price still sucks when you factor your cost to reload is literal pennies.
If that’s your hobby, fine.
I’m too lazy, and when you factor in cost of equipment, and time involved….
I can sit on my lazy azz on a comfy sofa, click a few buttons, and fresh, clean, factory produced ammo magically appears on the porch in a few days.

Psychological principle called self fulfilling prophecy.

A self-fulfilling prophecy is a prediction that comes true at least in part as a result of a person's belief or expectation that said prediction would come true. Self-fulfilling prophecies are an example of the more general phenomenon of positive feedback loops.

The famous example given in college was the bank run. A guy spreads a false rumor that the local bank is failing and to get your money out. Everyone runs to the bank and takes their money. The bank fails. The guy who started the false rumor says

“hey see! what did I tell you. The bank failed.”
The also call it confirmation bias. One thinks it's going to happen and a fee signs get misread under the bias, and it's confirmed.

Back
Top Bottom