Open Carry Bullseye T-Shirt

I'm a bigger guy (6'2"/ 210+) so carrying a gun concealed isn't hard. I've carried full sized USPs and not had anybody know. I, personally, believe in "quiet professionalism". I surprised my mother-in-law when she came to stay with us after the baby was born. She's known me for 2+ years and I've slept under her roof but it wasn't until she stayed with us did she know I carried daily. Even when I was in LE full time I didn't carry so anybody could tell. Two reasons for me:
  1. I don't want to "freak" anyone out and most importantly,
  2. I don't want anyone to know

I thought LEO's were required to open carry? Or do you mean when not in uniform?

I'll buy this as a reason not to open carry when someone can give a real world example of it actually happening.

If anyone is interested, there is a real world example of open carrying acting as a deterrent in a unequivocal way...who remembers the Waffle House incident?

True...it can go both ways....I honestly just carry how I feel. I mainly conceal carry, but I do open carry on occasion, never had a problem, some people have asked me if it was real or what department I work for, but never any problems. LEO's actually have never even hinted at asking me about it when I open carry, it's just like I'm another guy, as it should be.

and while we are at it... driving a dodge pick up truck is for stupid people only and you should never drive anything but a chevy... b/c this is the way I feel... this is obviously correct.

somebody find my a facepalm smile....

POPCORN!!! GET YOUR POPCORN,GRAB SOME HOT SALTY NUTS!!! FREE NUTS AND WEINERS WITH COKE PURCHASE!!! GET REFRESHM FOR THE CC VS OC BATTLE!! As stated before, its a preference, both have advantages and drawbacks, but this topic is an open can of worms

I work at a home depot and have spotted people who open carry, Print carry and CC. I have watched for reactions to OC and have seen none. I think most people don't even notice . I see plenty of people with a large gun under a t shirt printing heavily and I have noticed some CC that if I did not carry I would not see. What I love are the vest wearers. An out of place concealment garment is like wearing a I have a gun t-shirt.

Waffle House incident was a couple of years ago. Couple of OCers were enjoying the fine cuisine when some young would be robbers walked in. The would be robbers spotted the OCers and their, IIRC, 1911s. Would be robbers then left and while they were trying to figure out what to do, cops picked them up. Evidently, they explicitly stated that the sight of the openly carried guns made them rethink the crime.

I don't remember all the details 100%, but I think I got pretty close there. I believe it happened somewhere in Georgia. Shouldn't be hard to google the details.

I just want people to carry, period. Your method is up to you. I just want to make sure that people realize that the worst case scenarios that are brought up as reasons not to open carry sound good until you find out that they never seem to actually happen. If you want to open carry, don't let those stories deter you.

Waffle House incident was a couple of years ago. Couple of OCers were enjoying the fine cuisine when some young would be robbers walked in. The would be robbers spotted the OCers and their, IIRC, 1911s. Would be robbers then left and while they were trying to figure out what to do, cops picked them up. Evidently, they explicitly stated that the sight of the openly carried guns made them rethink the crime.

I don't remember all the details 100%, but I think I got pretty close there. I believe it happened somewhere in Georgia. Shouldn't be hard to google the details.

I just want people to carry, period. Your method is up to you. I just want to make sure that people realize that the worst case scenarios that are brought up as reasons not to open carry sound good until you find out that they never seem to actually happen. If you want to open carry, don't let those stories deter you.

I concur.

I'm just a low-profile kind of guy, and I prefer to ease on by any potential problems unless I choose to participate. If I open carry, it would be expected that I intervene....or it would be expected that I'd be causing the trouble, should gun-haters notice me. If I open-carry, it puts me on everyone's radar, and I'd rather be unnoticed.

Back
Top Bottom