• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

open carry @ atlanta airport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh... It pisses off liberals so who cares.

Everybody keeps saying how this hurts the cause, but Texas just passed not only open carry but carry on college campuses, and there was a ton of this going on in TX. Anyone got examples where this actually has resulted in more anti-legislation?
The difference is OC of handguns was illegal in Texas so while painfully misguided, they actually did have a 'purpose', at least in their minds. This guy doesn't piss off liberals, he fuels their fire. It's an important distinction.

The difference is OC of handguns was illegal in Texas so while painfully misguided, they actually did have a 'purpose', at least in their minds. This guy doesn't piss off liberals, he fuels their fire. It's an important distinction.

There's no good reason for doing it, but it still doesn't appear to be as bad as everyone makes it out to be - which was my point. I have not seen it as detrimental to the cause, and it certainly wasn't in TX. And yeah it pisses of Moms, Bloomberg, and the rest of their ilk because it's a poke in the eye, and I can live with that...

There's no good reason for doing it, but it still doesn't appear to be as bad as everyone makes it out to be - which was my point. I have not seen it as detrimental to the cause, and it certainly wasn't in TX. And yeah it pisses of Moms, Bloomberg, and the rest of their ilk because it's a poke in the eye, and I can live with that...
I work with all liberals. I've moved most of them to at least outwardly being neutral (or more neutral) on gun ownership rather than rabid anti gunners. First thing out of one of their mouths this morning "Did you see that idiot at the airport with the gun?!?!"
One step forward, two steps backwards....

I work with all liberals. I've moved most of them to at least outwardly being neutral (or more neutral) on gun ownership rather than rabid anti gunners. First thing out of one of their mouths this morning "Did you see that idiot at the airport with the gun?!?!"
One step forward, two steps backwards....

Well that is the appropriate response. But I sure as heck don't hear people saying we need to ban guns, outside of the normal crowd, because some idiot is exercising his right to carry his rifle lawfully.

I'm just saying it does not appear to be detrimental to the cause as so many have made it out to be. But idiotic yes. It used to get me a little angry, but now I just don't care anymore - perhaps getting used to it...

o

It would help if this idiot at least could be objective, and when he feels the need to quote the law, and scream harassment at least be correct.

He films the police in a public place, then stated it's illegal for the police to take a picture of him in the same space.
He follows the police, pressing for his questions to be answered, the accuses the police of harassment for following him.

How does it hurt? The people and groups that do a excellent job of supporting the 2nd Amendment argue, with good cause I might add, that we who choose to arm ourselves in public are normal, non confrontational people with an interest in protecting ourselves and our loved ones. Jim does nothing to forward that image. Jim is stupid, and stupid hurts.

o

It would help if this idiot at least could be objective, and when he feels the need to quote the law, and scream harassment at least be correct.

He films the police in a public place, then stated it's illegal for the police to take a picture of him in the same space.
He follows the police, pressing for his questions to be answered, the accuses the police of harassment for following him.

How does it hurt? The people and groups that do a excellent job of supporting the 2nd Amendment argue, with good cause I might add, that we who choose to arm ourselves in public are normal, non confrontational people with an interest in protecting ourselves and our loved ones. Jim does nothing to forward that image. Jim is stupid, and stupid hurts.

Well I didn't watch the video because as I said I simply don't care. I called the guy an idiot, and apparently he sounds like an even bigger idiot. He may not "forward" the image, but I still don't see him hurting it.

The bigger problem, specifically related to GA, is that our gun laws still suck. Meanwhile we've had nothing but republican majorities, supra-majorities, and governors. How about instead of continuing to beg them each year, or every other year, to pass a little more gun legislation, we change tactics??? Maybe target someone like Cagle, who is no friend to gun owners, and throw some of these sorry ass career politicians back out on the street into private life.

At the rate GA is going we'll probably see Constitutional Carry by the year 2030...

Meh... It pisses off liberals so who cares.

Everybody keeps saying how this hurts the cause, but Texas just passed not only open carry but carry on college campuses, and there was a ton of this going on in TX. Anyone got examples where this actually has resulted in more anti-legislation?

Texas had a dumb ass law criminalizing open carry and they protested by legally open carrying long guns which served a purpose. It stirred up controversy and highlighted the issue. In the end it served its "purpose".

This guy was primarily attention seeking. With a permit we can carry in the airport and if accidently carrying or have a gun in a bag into a "secure" sterile area will be asked to depart and secure our firearm in a safe/legal area. Before July 1, 2014 get caught in a "secure" sterile area even with a permit and you'd go to jail and weapon would be confiscated.

It incenses liberals that we have gun rights and this is like fingers on a chalk board to them.

Now the REAL QUESTION to ask! Is how many "illegal" guns have been confiscated since July 1, 2014 after the passage/signage of the OMG "Guns Everywhere Bill". I strongly suspect the numbers they were plastering in the liberal media to PROHIBIT the bill have dropped significantly. The first clue is they quit mentioning it. I really wish someone would do a FOI and publish the significant drop of "illegal guns" in Atlanta's airport since July 1, 2014. It needs to be done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom