• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

One day Appleseed rifle clinics in Roswell and Macon

im interested in the roswell training. just bought my first rifle, and it doesnt have sling/ studs yet- will they be training with them during the one day range course?

i am a complete novice. is there any prerequisite training/recommended reading/viewing or is this intended for true first time shooters?

im interested in the roswell training. just bought my first rifle, and it doesnt have sling/ studs yet- will they be training with them during the one day range course?

i am a complete novice. is there any prerequisite training/recommended reading/viewing or is this intended for true first time shooters?

It would be a good idea to add studs and buy a sling like the one I linked too earlier, but it is not a requirement. Many of the techniques for increasing your stability are based on using the sling. Get one of you can, but please come.

The only requirements are a rifle, ammo, and a good attitude. We are happy to have you even if it's the first time you've ever fired your weapon.

https://becomingriflemen.wordpress.com/

I believe this was written by Appleseed's founder. It's a lot of information to digest, but if you digest the basics and do a little dry fire practice before you come, you'll be halfway there.

I grabbed two slots, for two youths, for the winner of the 10/22 Funds for Faith auction. A great opportunity to learn to shoot your new rifle and you can bring a friend. Adult supervision required.

https://becomingriflemen.wordpress.com/

I believe this was written by Appleseed's founder. It's a lot of information to digest, but if you digest the basics and do a little dry fire practice before you come, you'll be halfway there.

thanks freedom. i should know by wednesday if i can attend. fingers crossed. ill reAd up and keep familiarizing myself with the rifle!

It would be a good idea to add studs and buy a sling like the one I linked too earlier, but it is not a requirement. Many of the techniques for increasing your stability are based on using the sling. Get one of you can, but please come.

The only requirements are a rifle, ammo, and a good attitude. We are happy to have you even if it's the first time you've ever fired your weapon.

my rifle is a 10/22 takedown. to avoid putting the stress and long-term flex on the two piece assembley, I was planning on going with the single point sling. Something like the Blackhawk hsingle point sling adapter that just wraps around the stock. behind the pistol grip. I am completely ignorant to slings and using them for stability. Will a single point perform adequately for the purposes of having a sling for the Appleseed training? it looks like the G.I. sling is a two point. and if I stick with the single point, does it then matter what type of actual sling I use? Any recommendations appreciated. This rifle will mostly be used for backcountry backpacking. that being said, I don't understand how to choose an appropriate sling the weapon other than basing it purely on comfort of the carry. as usual – any and all advice about sling selection is most appreciated!

my rifle is a 10/22 takedown. to avoid putting the stress and long-term flex on the two piece assembley, I was planning on going with the single point sling. Something like the Blackhawk hsingle point sling adapter that just wraps around the stock. behind the pistol grip. I am completely ignorant to slings and using them for stability. Will a single point perform adequately for the purposes of having a sling for the Appleseed training? it looks like the G.I. sling is a two point. and if I stick with the single point, does it then matter what type of actual sling I use? Any recommendations appreciated. This rifle will mostly be used for backcountry backpacking. that being said, I don't understand how to choose an appropriate sling the weapon other than basing it purely on comfort of the carry. as usual – any and all advice about sling selection is most appreciated!

The sling in traditional marksmanship positions is used to lock the rifle in to your body so you almost become one unit. It increases stability by several factors over what you are capable of achieving on your own, especially in the prone and sitting positions.

The single point sling is only used to carry the rifle in a convenient position for quick access, as opposed to carrying the rifle over your shoulder. If you stick with a single point, brand and type doesn't matter. Buy one based on price, comfort, etc..

I'm assuming you have a take down model. Stress is a non factor if you're referring to damaging your rifle. Many have used a take down at Appleseed with no issues, beyond a bit less of inherent accuracy you're losing over a one piece rifle. But, it is still capable and with you being new to marksmanship, will be more accurate than you are. It's probably more accurate than I am also. Many have used one to score expert. In the prone and sitting positions it will only be attached to the front attachment. Look up youtube videos on gi sling use, and you will get a better idea of how it's used and why it helps.

Sling use is central to the Appleseed method of teaching traditional, three position shooting. We would rather you come with the "wrong" sling and get the training and message than stay home. You will get the information needed to improve regardless. I, and the other instructors, will have spares to lend out if you want to try one. Many, including me, come to their first Appleseed with something other than a GI sling.

There is only one shot left in Roswell, and plenty left in Macon.

If you need help, please come get it. If you don't need help, come and learn to pass on your knowledge to others.

Slots in Macon available. It will be hot and miserable. If you want to meet like minded individuals who don't let a little thing like 100° weather get in the way of having fun, come on out.

Back
Top Bottom