• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

K kayaker @Twiztid Here's that list of small things. If there's anything you wanted then let me know.

I'll start off with some silver-for-silver potential trades, but it's not much.
1: Half ounce silver Lunar Ox coin from the Perth Mint.
2: 3 foreign junk silver coins and some small Canadian silver coin from 2015 that together make up ~.85ish ozt
3: 40% silver half-dollar and 5 90% silver dimes (together about .5ozt)
4: cook islands half ounce silver coin.

And now the firearm stuff.

1: 30-06 ammo (72rnds - mostly 150gr soft points, but some ball and blank ammo mixed in)
2: iTarget laser firearm training system (38 special)
3: 380 acp brass / 30-06 brass / 5.56 nato brass
4: Picatinny vertical foregrip (Tango Down)
5: Ergo Ladders (7 - rubber coverings for picatinny rails - each covers 18 sections and can be cut down)
6: Magpul K2 grip for AR15 rifles
7: holster for 5" 1911 pistols (aligengear 4.0)
8: picatinny sling loop (blue force gear)
9: picatiny rail for 10/22 rifles (midwest industries - silver color)
10: picatinny rail for AR15 front sight blocks
11: 45 acp hollow points (22qty - Underwood 230gr)
12: generic 2 point sling
13: 30cal ammo cans (3qty, empty, milsurp)
14: 4, yes 4, rounds of 300 blackout (ADI - sierra matchking bullets)
15: 6 rounds of 6.5x52mm Carcano on a clip.
16: 16 gauge slugs (6qty, paper shell, old stuff)
17: a tacky, novelty metal sign which ways "Warning - due to price increase on ammo do not expect a warning shot"
18: a small, canvas backpack
19: motorcycle helmet (HJC IS-Cruiser - small size - like-new condition)

Sorry it isn't much.

looking to complete my Wheat Cent/ Early Nickles and Early Washington Quarter books. Anyone have pre-1950's of these? if so i can send a list of what i need. Especially looking for the 1909-S VDB. Hopefully not slabbed.

looking to complete my Wheat Cent/ Early Nickles and Early Washington Quarter books. Anyone have pre-1950's of these? if so i can send a list of what i need. Especially looking for the 1909-S VDB. Hopefully not slabbed.
pm me a list i got alot of wheats and some nickels and washingtons

I did very,very well buying silver 2009 when I had a year severance. I made a lot and buying 8 x face junk silver ( us coins pre 1964. 8 to 12 times face and sold 2011at 14.75 times face.
I could buy from dealers at melt price and sell 3% behind melt. Price went to 20 and ounce and I did great.
Now silver at 25 per ounce dealers are not interested to sell at melt. 25 junk silver I have to pay 32 per ounce or 22.5 to 23 times face. $5 to $7 over spot. And to sell its 5% under spot. So,to invest in silver at 25 per ounce now my silver will have to go to 40 to and I could barley profit.
Silver at 25 per ounce is in reality $32
Dealers are making a profit at any spot price. I dont see the effort of silver is wort it. I had a small wagon in 2011 and had to make 3 trips from my car to the show floor.
Plus, walking out with 63,000 in cash was stupid. I lived in Dallas and sold at the Dalton show. I was well armed but there is no horse that can't be rode or no cowboy that can't be throwed.

To add to my above thread. China is counterfeiting silver quarters and gold coins and they're actually buffing them to make them look like they've been circulated. There are even using Metals now that don't attract a magnet.

I did very,very well buying silver 2009 when I had a year severance. I made a lot and buying 8 x face junk silver ( us coins pre 1964. 8 to 12 times face and sold 2011at 14.75 times face.
I could buy from dealers at melt price and sell 3% behind melt. Price went to 20 and ounce and I did great.
Now silver at 25 per ounce dealers are not interested to sell at melt. 25 junk silver I have to pay 32 per ounce or 22.5 to 23 times face. $5 to $7 over spot. And to sell its 5% under spot. So,to invest in silver at 25 per ounce now my silver will have to go to 40 to and I could barley profit.
Silver at 25 per ounce is in reality $32
Dealers are making a profit at any spot price. I dont see the effort of silver is wort it. I had a small wagon in 2011 and had to make 3 trips from my car to the show floor.
Plus, walking out with 63,000 in cash was stupid. I lived in Dallas and sold at the Dalton show. I was well armed but there is no horse that can't be rode or no cowboy that can't be throwed.
Your an investing genius....good thing you made all that money when you did!!!
you should be retired

Back
Top Bottom