• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

I did very,very well buying silver 2009 when I had a year severance. I made a lot and buying 8 x face junk silver ( us coins pre 1964. 8 to 12 times face and sold 2011at 14.75 times face.
I could buy from dealers at melt price and sell 3% behind melt. Price went to 20 and ounce and I did great.
Now silver at 25 per ounce dealers are not interested to sell at melt. 25 junk silver I have to pay 32 per ounce or 22.5 to 23 times face. $5 to $7 over spot. And to sell its 5% under spot. So,to invest in silver at 25 per ounce now my silver will have to go to 40 to and I could barley profit.
Silver at 25 per ounce is in reality $32
Dealers are making a profit at any spot price. I dont see the effort of silver is wort it. I had a small wagon in 2011 and had to make 3 trips from my car to the show floor.
Plus, walking out with 63,000 in cash was stupid. I lived in Dallas and sold at the Dalton show. I was well armed but there is no horse that can't be rode or no cowboy that can't be throwed.
You gave up your money to make a profit in confetti monolopy-dollars. If you then used your monolopy dollars to purchase more money then that would have been great, but if you're out of the silver game now then I'd personally suggest getting back in. With how bad inflation is, I don't think we will ever see sub $20 silver ever again. $30+ minimum will be the new normal until $40+ is, then $50+, etc.

Edit: I went to Walmart today and noticed that individual cups of instant ramen were 37 cents each. I remember when they were about 19 cents each not too long ago. On my way out I saw the 12oz cans of Cocacola from the vending machines were 75 cents each when just a few weeks ago they were 50 cents. The US dollar is tanking in terms of purchasing power; that's a ship I don't want to go down with.

This isn't even close to breaking news by this point, it's still ongoing though, but have you guys heard about what's going on with the Perth mint in Australia and Kitco? The Perth mint is apparently running out of physical silver and so they're putting order limits on how much people can buy, but this is despite having sold literal tons of "unallocated" silver (IE it doesn't actually exist). Kitco has been caught charting storage fees to customers who "bought silver" from them despite the silver not even actually existing; that's right, storage fees for silver that doesn't even exist.

Back
Top Bottom