• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT lowers 2nd edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with Zombie Defense as well if it makes this second round happen. a S&W lower would be great, but I think it'll be hard to get a 500 piece order within any quick timeframe. Just my .02

Has anyone asked Cherokee Gun and Pawn if they would do this again?

They really didn't do this one, they just helped me out after I had gotten knee deep into the process. I assembled the entire order and made all the arrangements with the manufacturer.

Is the issue with who was getting them or who we got them from?

The reason that I ask is that I am really happy with the quality of the Zombie Defense lower. I am considering buying another one from them, but i am having a hard time getting over the stupid name. If it were a custom ODT name marked on it, I would jump on it, even for $10-20 more than what we paid last time.

The real issue is that I swore I wouldn't do this again.

The only way another run would happen is if a shop decided to do all the leg work on arranging the manufacturing, accepting orders, etc.

For anything to be made with the ODT logo on it I'd like for the following requirements to be met: (Let me know if I am being irrational in any of this)

- Shop does all the legwork (Find a manufacturer, collect pre-orders, place the order, contact everyone when they come in, etc)

- Shop guarantees to place the order regardless of how many pre-orders they get (For example 30 people order a lower and the minimum requirement is 40)

- Shop would have to accept orders directly and accept check, money order, or credit card. I think a lot more lowers would have been ordered last time if credit cards were an option.

- I approve the artwork

- The ODT gets like a $5 "licensing fee" for each lower ordered

If any shop wants to take this on please get all the info together and send it to me in a PM.

Sorry if I sound jaded about this but the last run was a train wreck and I'm a little annoyed at all the interest after the fact when the previous order was up for over six weeks. I'm ok with another run being done but I'm not going through the stress of getting it together again.

If a shop takes this on I will put the ODT Lowers banner back up to help promote it.

Maybe we could sweet talk Spamcastle....

He expressed interest in it, my only concern is that he is a relatively new FFL and doesn't have a physical store (that I know of anyway) Is that an irrational concern?

Ultimately if he wanted to get everything together and no one has a problem with him doing it then I'm fine with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom