• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Possible ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet in Albany, GA on Nov. 11

Man some of you are acting like Albany is an active war zone or something. :D

I drove down this week and checked out the civic center and it seemed fine for our purposes. Plenty of flat open parking with the police department on one side and a river on the other. I'll probably insist that they provide lot security as well. The show would be a one day thing so nothing would be left overnight at the civic center so no worries there.

I would love to have it closer to 75 but I just haven't been able to find a proper sized facility that will rent to us. I think we really need a civic center sized place so that rules out a lot of the smaller venues that have been suggested in other threads.

Here are the results of the email we sent out:

Yes, I would attend - 883
Yes, I would be a vendor - 112
Looks like I have my Veteran's Day plans now.

I really appreciate the effort Okuma. I truly was entertaining the idea to do something different. I just looked up the distance. I don't think it would be practical for me to attend. It may be a better idea to have two shows a year in the Atlanta area. You would have a much larger draw of participants.

I really appreciate the effort Okuma. I truly was entertaining the idea to do something different. I just looked up the distance. I don't think it would be practical for me to attend. It may be a better idea to have two shows a year in the Atlanta area. You would have a much larger draw of participants.
That is hard to argue with.

If So. Ga. was fertile ground for gunshows, there'd at least be small ones in NG Armories. I think the population density is insufficient to warrant dragging a booth full of stuff down to Albany. I may be wrong. If he decides to do a show in Albany. I'd support that by setting up a table or booth, even though I doubt I'd break even on a one-day, ODT members only show.

Man some of you are acting like Albany is an active war zone or something. :D

I drove down this week and checked out the civic center and it seemed fine for our purposes. Plenty of flat open parking with the police department on one side and a river on the other. I'll probably insist that they provide lot security as well. The show would be a one day thing so nothing would be left overnight at the civic center so no worries there.

I would love to have it closer to 75 but I just haven't been able to find a proper sized facility that will rent to us. I think we really need a civic center sized place so that rules out a lot of the smaller venues that have been suggested in other threads.

Here are the results of the email we sent out:

Yes, I would attend - 883
Yes, I would be a vendor - 112
What is your Sq. Ft. Requirement?

That is hard to argue with.

If So. Ga. was fertile ground for gunshows, there'd at least be small ones in NG Armories. I think the population density is insufficient to warrant dragging a booth full of stuff down to Albany. I may be wrong. If he decides to do a show in Albany. I'd support that by setting up a table or booth, even though I doubt I'd break even on a one-day, ODT members only show.
That's good on you. I'd consider it if I could make it a one day trip. I've done two gun shows in one day before. I think I drove @ 400+ miles that day

Back
Top Bottom