Possible ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet in Albany, GA on Nov. 11

Im sure there are nice areas in surrounding Macon and Albany. Downtown ATL is a ****hole and the main ODT show is excellent, just keep that in mind. The drive is a killer for me, plus the ATL show is quite enough imo.
"Im sure there are nice areas in surrounding Macon and Albany" If you actually find one let me know. Albany is hood central for the surrounding area.

I may go. I doubt many will show though. Albany is an anal fistula for the state.

Last gun show I attended there in 2011, the very first table across from the promoter taking admission had a 4 foot display of fake dog shyte. The rest of the vendors in that building weren't much better. ODT show will be the best show they've ever held.
"Albany is an anal fistula for the state." and THAT my friend is putting it Mildly! :wacko: the Congo comes to mind.

I live in Albany, this is a bad idea, crime is high, everyone knows its 3 days max till release, if your actually arrested, so no need for bail. Besides the usual gangs, Albany is home to a large homegrown version that operates freely, thier tag is APD. Tifton, Cordele or even Thomasville are far better choices.
Tifton would be a much safer better drawing card than Albany.

Hi Everyone!

We are considering having a gun show/swap meet in Albany, GA on Nov. 11. We will send out an email later today to try and gauge interest in the event and this will serve as the discussion thread for it.

We currently have a hold on the Albany Civic Center and we need to make a decision in the next week or so.

What does everyone think, is there enough interest for this event to work? I tried many other places and this was the first place that didn't turn me down.

That's about 3.5 hours away from me in coastal Savannah/Pooler area, so it's a little too far for me.

I have a lot of trouble finding local private sellers/traders around here, & I would definitely attend a show if it was closer.

Man some of you are acting like Albany is an active war zone or something. :D

I drove down this week and checked out the civic center and it seemed fine for our purposes. Plenty of flat open parking with the police department on one side and a river on the other. I'll probably insist that they provide lot security as well. The show would be a one day thing so nothing would be left overnight at the civic center so no worries there.

I would love to have it closer to 75 but I just haven't been able to find a proper sized facility that will rent to us. I think we really need a civic center sized place so that rules out a lot of the smaller venues that have been suggested in other threads.

Here are the results of the email we sent out:

Yes, I would attend - 883
Yes, I would be a vendor - 112

Back
Top Bottom