• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Not a price RANT...

It’s not just guns. Bought anything lately?
When the general public catches up with the idea of how much the dollar is devalued from the treasury printing presses running 24/7, those of us on fixed income are gonna be fudged.

No kidding!! The corner grocery store had ground beef (not chuck or sirloin), plain ground beef on "sale" the other day for $6.99 a pound. A poor man can't even afford to make Hamburger Helper anymore!!!

@Bypass recently circumvented the inflated Smith & Wesson neckbeard/gouging/flipping/wanna-be-FFL pricing and didn't even consult the ODT price committee on how to go about it iirc !!!

I'm currently on his wait list for a cheap re-sail after he either:
A: Breaks it or
B: Gets bored with it

I have been "collecting" S&W revolvers for a few years now. I have a few nice pieces, but nothing to brag about. But, the revolvers that I have been paying $500-$750 for are being listed for $900+. I am fully aware that the little nuances and limited runs and performance center guns are rarer and demand a higher price, but some of these appear to be the same revolver that I have.

Have they appreciated that much over the last year or two? Or is it the covid?

I bought the majority of them in the hopes of appreciated value, so I ain't mad about it :pop2:
And most of them no box,papers or tools.If your patient there are still some fair prices around,just stay away from the people on here trying to run a business out of their home

It’s not just guns. Bought anything lately?
When the general public catches up with the idea of how much the dollar is devalued from the treasury printing presses running 24/7, those of us on fixed income are gonna be fudged.
any of y'all bought lumber lately? one example: a single prime 2" x 4" x 8' is around $6!! Crazy!!

They can ask what they want but when you can get it new at the LGS thats where I’m buying. It don’t hurt my feelings. In fact I get a good laugh.

They can ask what they want but when you can get it new at the LGS thats where I’m buying. It don’t hurt my feelings. In fact I get a good laugh.

Once again, this is not about complaining about prices. This is a "have the values increased enough" to consider selling thread.

ETA: I am talking about revolvers that you can NOT get new at LGS, they don't make them anymore.

Back
Top Bottom