• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Not a price RANT...

LOL... Try finding a Gen 1 with the correct box and let me know what you pay for it...

Those early 'plastic' guns have already started appreciating and more will follow. I have a Gen 3 with GA DNR markings that folks have asked to buy for a hundred or so over typical pricing several times.
Amazing, I have bought and sold more Glocks than I can remember and they've always stayed around the same price but it boggles my mind to see a Gen 5 post for $800!

That's Pandemic/Riot pricing.

I was in AO a week or two ago and across both Glock counters they couldn't have had more than a dozen pistols.

I really don't believe the price of anything is going to come back down anytime soon if ever. Guns, food, sundries that people need to function are increasingly escalating in price and scarcity. We're just one major event from total economic and social collapse. JMHO
You are very correct sir. This is the beginning

I have been "collecting" S&W revolvers for a few years now. I have a few nice pieces, but nothing to brag about. But, the revolvers that I have been paying $500-$750 for are being listed for $900+. I am fully aware that the little nuances and limited runs and performance center guns are rarer and demand a higher price, but some of these appear to be the same revolver that I have.

Have they appreciated that much over the last year or two? Or is it the covid?

I bought the majority of them in the hopes of appreciated value, so I ain't mad about it :pop2:

Definitely a sellers market in these times. So if you have some that you’re not particularly fond of, triple the price you bought them for and watch them sell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely a sellers market in these times. So if you have some that you’re not particularly fond of, triple the price you bought them for and watch them sell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I don't think tripling is going to happen, but a few hundred is conceivable? But, I am not sure that I am ready to sell?

They've only increased in price due to price gouging sellers asking ridiculous amounts of money for them. If we could post comments in the sellers' ads pointing out how crazy their price was, we'd be able to warn off unsuspecting newb buyers and the prices would come back down. It's only because people don't know what's best for them that prices keep rising. I think I'll send Okuma an email and let him know about this price fixing going on by these flippers.

Just thought I'd give the Price Militant a break here since it's a holiday.
Cause that's how free markets work!

I have been "collecting" S&W revolvers for a few years now. I have a few nice pieces, but nothing to brag about. But, the revolvers that I have been paying $500-$750 for are being listed for $900+. I am fully aware that the little nuances and limited runs and performance center guns are rarer and demand a higher price, but some of these appear to be the same revolver that I have.

Have they appreciated that much over the last year or two? Or is it the covid?

I bought the majority of them in the hopes of appreciated value, so I ain't mad about it :pop2:

I know what you mean, saw a Model 19, good condition, but still a Model 19, seller said it was "rare" in that condition, for $900.

I just went into my shop, and lovingly fondled my 2 Model 19s.

Seriously, I've about given up on the handguns section, I may glance over it every couple of days, but I don't study it like I used to. I'm not upset, but I'm just not going to pay ridiculous prices for a common gun.

I know what you mean, saw a Model 19, good condition, but still a Model 19, seller said it was "rare" in that condition, for $900.

I just went into my shop, and lovingly fondled my 2 Model 19s.

Seriously, I've about given up on the handguns section, I may glance over it every couple of days, but I don't study it like I used to. I'm not upset, but I'm just not going to pay ridiculous prices for a common gun.
The FDE Glock 19s are considered RARE now ?? Pfft.... a $900 price tag on here , no way !! :hand:

...Covid...china virus...pandemic...lack of TP...election...rioters....looters...militias...fear of Joe/Ho getting in...blame it on what you want, but anything that goes bang went up in value this year, big time!
It went up in cost, not value. There is "zero" inherent value in a fiat USD.

Back
Top Bottom