• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Not a price RANT...

Once again, this is not about complaining about prices. This is a "have the values increased enough" to consider selling thread.

But you have to be objective. Are the increased prices HERE, or everywhere?

Don't use ODT as your benchmark on pricing. A new Glock 19 cost me $478 at the LGS the other day. Most used ones here are $600-$800, depending on whether or not someone ruined the handle with a soldering iron and calls it "custom"...

If prices truly are going up due to supply and demand, as SOME people claim, then they should be up across the board... Dealers aren't gonna buy a gun from the distributor at a higher price, and then sell it at the old price at a loss. That tells me that prices are not much different than before, because I know of half a dozen local retailers selling their guns at almost unchanged prices... and so it's the used markets... places like this, where prices are going through the roof.

I would think that if this was supply and demand and panic buying, it would be the cheaper and more common guns going up the most, no? Someone panic buying isn't looking for a limited run S&W revolver... they are looking for a Ruger, Taurus or Glock 9mm for their first purchase...

Just my 2 cents, and it ain't even worth that much apparently...

But you have to be objective. Are the increased prices HERE, or everywhere?

Don't use ODT as your benchmark on pricing. A new Glock 19 cost me $478 at the LGS the other day. Most used ones here are $600-$800, depending on whether or not someone ruined the handle with a soldering iron and calls it "custom"...

If prices truly are going up due to supply and demand, as SOME people claim, then they should be up across the board... Dealers aren't gonna buy a gun from the distributor at a higher price, and then sell it at the old price at a loss. That tells me that prices are not much different than before, because I know of half a dozen local retailers selling their guns at almost unchanged prices... and so it's the used markets... places like this, where prices are going through the roof.

I would think that if this was supply and demand and panic buying, it would be the cheaper and more common guns going up the most, no? Someone panic buying isn't looking for a limited run S&W revolver... they are looking for a Ruger, Taurus or Glock 9mm for their first purchase...

Just my 2 cents, and it ain't even worth that much apparently...

I couldn't agree more; however, it's hard to know this on a 30+ year old revolver since LGS don't have them on the shelf. The used market is the only place to get them...

I started a Steals and Deals thread at Ken's request, and it of course turned into a debate and got moved here, despite me trying to take the convo to a dedicated thread that I put IN the pasture, for that purpose... lol

I will start a new one tomorrow, and lock it from comments so that I can just post the new deals in it and not have it devolve into more nonsense... I think that the people listing their stuff at 2x retail, don't like it when people post good retail deals... makes it harder for them to gouge... :-)

Looks like a good time to sell/sale/sail/cell.

I was thinking the same thing...

This is a great time to address free marketing...
Nah, just joking, ain't no good time for that garbage..
Prices are up but only because people are so greedy in getting what someone else has. I'd be careful about what I sell during these times. It's good to keep buying things you want, if you can afford them but, don't sell anything thinking it'll come back down and you can make a few bucks. This round is going to be different I'm afraid and you probably won't get the quality you had even if you sold some at what you thought were money making deals, that ain't. This is a supply and demand issue and the prices will probably never balance back out. Most of the stuff that ain't the glocks and such that everyone assumes will come back around, some of it will be permanently jacked up and some will not be seen again at what we call, decent prices. Buy what you can afford without taking away from your livelihood and consider it the new savings plan. This is your need "gold rush" cause when the corrupt and far left get done, the people with the weapons and ammo are going to be the ones that can "move on" from what we are living through. ..

Back
Top Bottom