• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

non-FUDD ranges in NW GA??

FUDD's: I'm probably one of the least "tactical" people on here. I'm too old, slow, fat and out of shape to ever be considered as such. I lean heavily towards lever actions, wheel guns and old milsurps.
By most definitions that would probably make me a FUDD except...I don't believe in "Any" infringement on the 2nd amendment. The founders knew that the only deterrent to an oppressive government was a well armed populace and we should have whatever we need or can afford to fulfill that role.
The fudds in Canada just got a shock when they found out that many of their none tactical "safe" hunting guns where included in that nations ban.
Freedoms lost are seldom returned and if they are it's usually at the barrel of a gun.

I just spent the last week helping clear some of my friends 10 acres, and we set up a small rimfire gallery with some reactive targets. We've only spent about an hour so far actually shooting, but that hour was more fun than the last 10 times I've gone to a "formal" range.

Im going to set up a Hogan's Alley type pistol range and another spot for practicing shooting from cover and reload exercises.

I HIGHLY recommend trying to find an arrangement like this lol...

Sounds like we just found one!

FUDD's: I'm probably one of the least "tactical" people on here. I'm too old, slow, fat and out of shape to ever be considered as such. I lean heavily towards lever actions, wheel guns and old milsurps.
By most definitions that would probably make me a FUDD except...I don't believe in "Any" infringement on the 2nd amendment. The founders knew that the only deterrent to an oppressive government was a well armed populace and we should have whatever we need or can afford to fulfill that role.
The fudds in Canada just got a shock when they found out that many of their none tactical "safe" hunting guns where included in that nations ban.
Freedoms lost are seldom returned and if they are it's usually at the barrel of a gun.
Your taste in firearms is inline with a FUDD type.. but not your views of the 2nd.

There’s nothing wrong with liking the kind of guns you like.

A true FUDD would sellout anyones rights as long as their wheel guns, lever actions, bolt guns and shotguns are left alone.

It’s the mindset that any gun that’s not of the FUDD flavor isn’t practical or worth protecting that makes a FUDD.

I never met a gun worth at least 200 bucks i didn't like... even just a little bit.

I was raised on black rifles. But I love a good slim sporty OA, and lever actions are cool! They all have their place. Except the Cobray Terminator lol. Thats an abomination.

I don't think that FUDD has much to do with weapons preferences... It's about ideology...

I have everything but black powder... Lever gun, bolt guns, pump and semi shotties, pistols and revolvers... They are all fun and they all have their place...

I don't think that FUDD has much to do with weapons preferences... It's about ideology...

I have everything but black powder... Lever gun, bolt guns, pump and semi shotties, pistols and revolvers... They are all fun and they all have their place...
In the back of my mind I want to get into black powder stuff(and even cannons lol). The more Forgotten Weapons videos I watch the more I get interested in everything, including old stuff. Ian is the man.

First off, let me say I had no clue how many side conversations this would start. haha. Also, it sounds like I may have mis-used the term "Fudd." I meant a boring range with too many rules that takes all the fun out of shooting. I guess I sound like the douche for saying that. I understand why the rules exist, and they make sense for the largest number of people, I'm just getting bored of the indoor ranges.

Riverbend Gun Club in Dawsonville is one of the premier ranges in the southeast.

Nearly 400 acres. 12+ action pistol bays (more under construction), including 4 you can run and gun with your carbine. Shotgun area. Multiple long distance shooting areas out to 600 yards. A dedicated rimfire areas.

It’s a bit of an investment to get started, but then only $300 annually.

that place looks pretty cool, but they are a bit expensive to start off. also, don't they have a waiting list right now? I'll have to go visit for one of the matches and check out the facilities.

My opinion of the best way to get what you are looking for is to start shooting local action pistol matches. It is cheap and you will get as much moving and shooting as you want.

good idea, I'll have to check it out.

I have access to an outdoor range in Powder Springs where you can pay-to-play. I also teach courses there. Anyone interested in either, send me a PM.

I have just recently seen your stuff, I'm definitely going to join some of your classes when I get my gear more squared away.

Check out Chestnut Mtn WMA range in Resaca. It only costs $5 to park & I've never had any problems there. It's my favorite.

this has been my go-to fun range in the past. plus its an outdoor range so I can shoot steel case ammo. the only problem is they are 2 hours away from me, and they are super busy on saturdays, closed sundays. i get that beggars can't be choosers, I just wanted to see if there was anything better out there. also, they've upped their prices. now its $5 per person per day, not per vehicle. but its still cheaper than any other range.

First off, let me say I had no clue how many side conversations this would start. haha. Also, it sounds like I may have mis-used the term "Fudd." I meant a boring range with too many rules that takes all the fun out of shooting. I guess I sound like the douche for saying that. I understand why the rules exist, and they make sense for the largest number of people, I'm just getting bored of the indoor ranges.

that place looks pretty cool, but they are a bit expensive to start off. also, don't they have a waiting list right now? I'll have to go visit for one of the matches and check out the facilities.

good idea, I'll have to check it out.

I have just recently seen your stuff, I'm definitely going to join some of your classes when I get my gear more squared away.

this has been my go-to fun range in the past. plus its an outdoor range so I can shoot steel case ammo. the only problem is they are 2 hours away from me, and they are super busy on saturdays, closed sundays. i get that beggars can't be choosers, I just wanted to see if there was anything better out there. also, they've upped their prices. now its $5 per person per day, not per vehicle. but its still cheaper than any other range.

They had a “waiting list” only due to them pausing the group new member orientation meetings.

They had like 40 folks out on Sunday in a couple of sessions to get it back going.

They are actively accepting new members.

You’ll need 2 current members to sign off on your application.

I’d recommend coming out to their action pistol match on the 3rd Saturday of the month. Can check the place out. Meet members. Get some folks to sign off on you. And they even provide lunch.

Maybe someone can recommend a non-douche range where safety is paramount.....

Maybe your personal range... it’s not really emphasized at east Alabama gun club nor is it at Strong Point.

They do ask you to wear eyes and ears but not enforced. There’s also not much control over firing lines in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom