• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

non-FUDD ranges in NW GA??

BroncoNut109

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
5   0
Reaction score
I tried searching but wasn't sure what exactly to search for.

I'm tired of the common rules at the indoor ranges, such as "You can only shoot at the target directly in front of you." or "you must have at least 1 second between shots." I just want a place where I can practice some simple drills; multiple threats, follow up shots, etc. I'm not really interested in long range shooting, mainly drills like these with carbine and pistol. is there a place like this in metro Atlanta or NW GA areas?

I don't have any friends with land, and don't have enough money to buy my own property, but I would not be opposed to buying an annual membership to a place if they let me shoot like this.

Riverbend Gun Club in Dawsonville is one of the premier ranges in the southeast.

Nearly 400 acres. 12+ action pistol bays (more under construction), including 4 you can run and gun with your carbine. Shotgun area. Multiple long distance shooting areas out to 600 yards. A dedicated rimfire areas.

It’s a bit of an investment to get started, but then only $300 annually.

7E2E6B7D-76AD-450E-A38C-0F661D0E4293.png

My opinion of the best way to get what you are looking for is to start shooting local action pistol matches. It is cheap and you will get as much moving and shooting as you want.
A fine recommendation as well. The only difference being someone is setting up the “drill” and you run it as they design.

The Riverbend USPSA match is this Saturday, but already sold out. Could come spectate though. Get a feel for it.

Back
Top Bottom