No Red Dot For You!!!

So I have sent several red dots back to the manufacturer complaining that the reticle was not clear. So I've done a lot of research on it but I just came across an article that was aimed especially people with stigmatisms.
So It also showed a picture of several of what stigmatisms make red dots look like and none of them look like mine. Then it said to take a picture of the Red Dot and if it looks like a starburst then it's your Red Dot but if it looks like a DOT then you have a stigmatism.
So I take the picture and I don't see anything like this. What I see looks like more of a fireworks display than a DOT. I mean even though this is a site mark I'm still not seeing what's in the picture. Regardless of how much it cost it's supposed to look like what I am seeing what's in the pic I took and not what I'm seeing through the lens.
I propose a question to you gentleman. In this case what in the hell am I supposed to do? Because what I see is two little dots that look like two asterisk there's one in the middle and then there's one slightly up just a hair to the left. So this presents a major problem.
See an eye doctor, not random advise on the internet.

I like to hear what people have to say about what they have experienced. Even if it is not a docs diagnosis. It still gives me valuable information to fall back on even if it turns out I don't but I am pretty much sure I do suffer from this red dot restricting deficiency. Now if we were talking about ball cancer I would probably go straight to the doctor.

I've had a lot of Red Dot sights and I've changed them virtually every single time because I couldn't imagine a company could call it a red dot when it was a red splotch. It would be a grotesque wealth of misinformation to call them a Red Dot. I think instead of going with just a regular prism piece I'm going to go with a LPVO. I can spend $500 or $600 and get something halfway decent. I like the idea of a 1×10 power option anyway.

I like to hear what people have to say about what they have experienced. Even if it is not a docs diagnosis. It still gives me valuable information to fall back on even if it turns out I don't but I am pretty much sure I do suffer from this red dot restricting deficiency. Now if we were talking about ball cancer I would probably go straight to the doctor.

I've had a lot of Red Dot sights and I've changed them virtually every single time because I couldn't imagine a company could call it a red dot when it was a red splotch. It would be a grotesque wealth of misinformation to call them a Red Dot. I think instead of going with just a regular prism piece I'm going to go with a LPVO. I can spend $500 or $600 and get something halfway decent. I like the idea of a 1×10 power option anyway.
As opposed to glasses or contacts?

I only have 2 Red Dot sights. This one will stay because it's just around the house Home Defense job 6.8 SPC with 14 inch barrel. Then I have one more on a 16 inch barrel but that barrel has a lot of potential at range and really deserves a scope to take advantage of the accuracy it has. So I will just go with an lpvo on that one.

I've had it for years and I don't have glasses or contacts. You got to weigh out for yourself whether or not that makes sense, but there's a level of accuracy that is acceptable for me when using those optics and until I fall outside of that I won't wear glasses or contacts.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Correct. I can see fine like watching TV or driving and reading good size books. Its just real small print or red dot use that bothers me. If it gets worse as I am sure it will do I will probably do the contact thing and get glasses as a back up.
That's what I said until I went to an optometrist and realized how much I was missing out on.

Glasses won't fix the starburst issue. Cheaper glasses will make it worse. Better coatings or contacts will be better. If you don't need glasses for any other reason, do not get them. Glasses weaken your eyes because your eye muscles get weaker.

You can either use a dot that will turn down enough to so that it doesn't show the starburst or use one that filters the light to shape a reticle. And look through them before you buy them. They're not all the same for your eyes.

Glasses won't fix the starburst issue. Cheaper glasses will make it worse. Better coatings or contacts will be better. If you don't need glasses for any other reason, do not get them. Glasses weaken your eyes because your eye muscles get weaker.
YMMV, but glasses worked for me, and I have quite a bit of astigmatism. Contacts are better, though.

A lot of people think using glasses makes your vision worse, but that's not true. Your eye muscles have little to do with the quality of your vision. Near/farsightedness comes from length of your eye (front to back) being too long or too short and astigmatism comes from the eye not being perfectly round. Once you're fully grown, your vision should be pretty stable. It may change in older age due to changes in the lens becoming less flexible (leading to loss of near vision) or cloudy (cataracts). In any case, life's too short to go around with bad vision. Wear glasses if you need them.

Back
Top Bottom