• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Night sights?

Lol, I am not interested in that thing even if Paul Howe endorsed it. It is a five shot .38 that you can't load +P rounds in (safely) and is about the same size as a Glock 19. Besides no nights sights or rails for gizmos. I need that stuff for the massive adrenaline dump during a shootout with the alien mall ninjas. Sorry dude. No deal. I was just wondering if it was still up. Good luck with the trade.

Lol, I am not interested in that thing even if Paul Howe endorsed it. It is a five shot .38 that you can't load +P rounds in (safely) and is about the same size as a Glock 19. Besides no nights sights or rails for gizmos. I need that stuff for the massive adrenaline dump during a shootout with the alien mall ninjas. Sorry dude. No deal. I was just wondering if it was still up. Good luck with the trade.

SN goes good with your posts. . . .

That fact that you claim to be in the instructor business for 20 years and do not know who Paul Howe is says a lot about you. Maybe you heard about a little shoot out in Somalia they wrote a book about it and they even made a movie about it called Black Hawk Down. Well Paul Howe was one of the Delta Operators on the ground that day. Now he has a school where he trains LEOs and civilians. He is well known and highly respected in both the special operations community as well as the firearms community in general. Below is an except from one of his published articles and it talks about the pros and cons of using point shooting versus sighted shooting. BTW he teaches sighted shooting because engagements don't always happen inside 10 yards. http://www.combatshootingandtactics.com/index.html

In what most of us do and carry firearms for they do. I mean, really are you going to engage with your pistol out to 300 yards?

I don't know the gent but I do respect his service, I could not disagree more with that assessment. CCW or Law Enforcement is NOT the same thing as being in skinny land surrounded by tangos. In the real world where I live and work my pistol IS my primary firearm. Most here that carry concealed carry a pistol and I'm sure that there is not one that will engage at more than 25 yards if they get into a situation.

Delta operators? Dunno. I was a Marine! ;) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom