• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Night sights?

Night sights are good but personally I think you would be better off with a weapon light. Try lining up night sights on a target at 15yrds that's advancing on you at night and you'll see what I mean. You'll lose the target trying to find the sights.
Point shooting is what you need to learn if concerned about a gunfight at night. Light them up with the light, point and shoot at a blind adversary. Of course point shooting is a learned skill and requires a lot of practice. JMO

glad to see somebody else here gets it... ;)
the only thing you will see during an adrenaline dump is the advisary and that is only in daylight. learn to point shoot add a weapon light to FULLY IDENTIFY what you are shooting at.

night sights and lasers are an unnecessary expense and will only SLOW YOU DOWN in a gunfight.

but if someone is set on wasting their money on whizbang gizmos....lol what is the old saying? there is a sucker born every minute?

83rd, maybe you should travel the country and school the likes of Tom Givens, Paul Howe, Bill Jeans, Bill Rogers and other highly respected firearms instructors on the major flaw in their teachings. Crazy respected firearms instructors teaching their students to use their sights in a gun fight as if it were natural. :rolleyes: What are they thinking? Don't they know about the adrenaline dump?!? Nobody can maintain during one of those suckers! ADRENALINE DUMP FTW!!

my ar has a dot sight and a light. no lasers or glow in the dark gizmos. dont know where you are pulling that from...lol

you're ads. trading a beretta with "night sights" for ar stuff. asking for all kinds of illuminated sights and stuff, lol. btw, when you turn that light on it shows where you are too.

83rd, maybe you should travel the country and school the likes of Tom Givens, Paul Howe, Bill Jeans, Bill Rogers and other highly respected firearms instructors on the major flaw in their teachings. Crazy respected firearms instructors teaching their students to use their sights in a gun fight as if it were natural. :rolleyes: What are they thinking? Don't they know about the adrenaline dump?!? Nobody can maintain during one of those suckers! ADRENALINE DUMP FTW!!

roll yer eyes all you like. point shooting has a long established history of working long before any of those tools started trolling the net looking for idiots to pay them money so that they could show them how to shoot lol sic. no thanks mister. i have been in that game professionally for over 20 years. currently i am a firearms instructor. One of my techniques for helping shooters speed up and hit the target is taping up the sights with electrical tape. you would be surprised at how much quicker they are able to place rounds on target.

bottom line is this: firefights are not pretty. the first one to place rounds on the other guy has a dramatically increased chance of walking away from the encounter. the majority of handgun encounters happen within ten yards or less. you use your sights when you should be pulling the trigger and focusing on your surroundings and you will probably end up shot.

and if you dont know what an adrenaline dump is let me clue you in chap. you will get tunnel vision lose dexterity for fine motor skills auditory exclusion amoungst other physiological responses that you cannot control sir. you have to TRAIN TO WORK YOUR WAY THROUGH IT. Relying on night sights is putting your skills on crutches. good luck and i hope you never have the opportunity to get into that situation. I have been there it is not fun.

you're ads. trading a beretta with "night sights" for ar stuff. asking for all kinds of illuminated sights and stuff, lol. btw, when you turn that light on it shows where you are too.

the beretta i traded into with cash. did not really want it to begin with. i have optics but not trash optics for my ars but not gizmo bs like night sights and lasers. so what else did you try to gleen from old posts? lol uh huh...

Back
Top Bottom