• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New York passes law concerning ammo.

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
Western New Yorkers are now required to pass a background check to purchase ammunition. Someone higher up on the food chain thinks it'll lower crime rate by 22%. Obviously she doesn't take into consideration they can drive over the state line to acquire ammunition. Now that will open up a whole new black market on ammo and put it right there with other illicit substances or items.

Don't know but news reported that Cabelas had their ammo section roped off. States can pass laws without going through federal imposition. Same as New York city made it illegal to own a gun without a permit in the New York City. I believe that's how it works. I hate to say all we can do is hope she is proved wrong. I know that sounds horrible violent crime wise but if it proves to be for some reason correct it could be a platform for other states to follow. I don't think it will be effective at all. They did say that with deer season coming up it could effect some hunters negatively. These days Democrats are using unproven theories and anything else they can come up with to heavily impair gun and or ammo sales. This 22% crap is just a made up number. I would think if the bad guys can buy a black market gun thr ammo wouldn't be thst hard to aquire. Just like when I lived in Oklahoma you could drive 20 minutes to Texas and buy a beer at the age of 19. So did it deter drinking underage drinking at all to raise the drinking age to 21? Absolutely not because the beer over there was better than the beer in Oklahoma anyways. Oklahoma only sold 3.2% alcohol by volume and Texas sold 3.6% alcohol by volume so a 20-minute ride netted you a better product anyway. Plus half the stores were starving to death so they would sell you beer if they could get by with it anyway.

In Virginia we are so close me DC I hate think what could happen if a over zealous Governor makes some radical changes. On the good side this is a heavy hunting state with so much wildlife managed areas and state owned property they will see what effecting the hunting community could do revenue wise. This will be the first year that an actual elk hunt will be had and it's $15 to enter the hunting lottery for residents. It comes on the 10th anniversary of the elk restoration programs beginning. I would think that states going to make a killing off that.

Back
Top Bottom